Sign in to follow this  
whitestone679231

CAR GURUS

I posted on another topic this morning that I had some success with Car Gurus and low and behold they have just telephoned me with the upsell, I am currently on the free package and do sell cars from it, but has anyone else signed up for full package and how much are they paying and with what success??

Sorry i cant answer your question, but have just registered for a rep to call me so i will hopefully soon find out myself doesnt appear to be anyone in my local area advertising so might be worth a shot.

Cheers justina3 I have just been quoted £337.50 pm for the standard package or £517.50 for the dogs bollox package,, similar with AT would be moving the decimal point one way.

I have the free package - sold 2/3 cars from it, they have trialled me twice and both times i get less enquiries when signed up go back on the free package and sold another 2/3 I saved my £££ in my opinion. 9/10 of the enquiries never ever reply, even after 4/5 emails and also after replying to them within minutes.

I also notice that the enquiries come in waves, you don't get one for weeks, then 3/4 in a 2 day period. Almost makes you thing every time you get an 'official' enquiry, someones boosting a few more through to make you think you're on to a winner.......maybe a reason for the poor response rate?

I also don't really like the concept of it telling me how well priced /overpriced my stock is ( at least Autotrader just put nothing rather than HIGH PRICE ) they take nothing into account about the condition, history, dealer services etc... Also i'm not really keen on the general public knowing how long i've had my cars for.

Just my 10p...

Top package,7 times cheaper than AT,it is very successfull in US and Canada,if you have a good pitch ,it is worth giving it a go-( we are just in)you can get round the bit about showing time in stock- 

But remember what the Tesco founder said- "half your advertising works,but you don't know which half"

4 minutes ago, trade vet said:

But remember what the Tesco founder said- "half your advertising works,but you don't know which half"

4 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I do because i ask each one of my customers how they found our car ;)

37 minutes ago, M.J said:

I do because i ask each one of my customers how they found our car ;)

I ask everyone of mine the same question,,,, 40% say autotrader even though I don't advertise on there!!! 

46 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Top package,7 times cheaper than AT,it is very successfull in US and Canada,if you have a good pitch ,it is worth giving it a go-( we are just in)you can get round the bit about showing time in stock- 

How do you get round the days in stock?? 

I don't have the 'premium' package so can't comment on it but the free listings thing is as far as I want to go anyway.

Frankly I think they are a load of BS and feel quite strongly about it.

I phoned them and explained my thoughts on the enquiries I got. Mostly I get nothing for a couple of months and then three or four seemingly templated email enquiries in a week and a few, in my opinion, obviously fake phone enquiries. Always the enquirers are 150+ miles away and when I phone them back they seem quite genuinely surprised that I have their number. One even stated she had never driven and didn't hold a license. Out of 30+ phone calls over a six month period I only had two conversations with people that had actually been searching for a new car. Most said they had never even heard of the website when I quoted it back to them.

Usually a week after a run of phone calls and enquiries i'll get a call from the sales rep saying how well it's going and that I should bump up to a paid for package.

Maybe i'm wrong and if so I apologise Cargurus but the bluffing is so thinly veiled, in my opnion, it's laughable.

As for the 'we're really big in the US'...yer great guys but I don't export many 60 plate Kia C'eeds there.

Rant over.

Thanks for all your input folks, I have signed up for the all singing all dancing package with them so will see how it goes, I did have some success on the free trial but like everybody else I didn't like the anonymous e-mails, lets hope they do grow into a credible competitor for the big hungry monster