Sign in to follow this  
Jack Regan

Any advice appreciated

Long and short of it , sold a Zafira to a couple 6 weeks ago , fresh mot , service  etc, comes back with management light on and making a noise , sounds like cam, not a problem put it straight into garage to get done , cause they didn't get it back next day..  getting the usual I want my money back etc, tried explaining my magic wand is broken but like talking to a brick wall with an attitude.

any way the wife keeps saying she can't go to work , during a phone call earlier from her I asked where she works , she said she was self 

employed and was driving car all day for work, sounds  like hire and reward and buisness use to me. I will get problem resolved with car , but any future problems that she might come back with where do I stand can I refuse to do any more repairs  cause of the buisness use ,cheers people.

About 500 ish , wouldnt  that be irrelevant if it's being used for hire and reward or  buisness use.

were all levels reasonable ie not run low on oil?

if they are and shes screaming then she will still be screaming after you repair it but it will be a different fault but she will argue they were related

can you sell the car again easily?

if so i would give her her money back but make a deduction for 2 weeks use out of the weeks out of the return period for things like valet wear and tear it would probably amount to £100

with regards hire and reward etc business use etc if it went to small claims my opinion would be the ice you are on is so thin its not worth the hassle

13 minutes ago, Jack Regan said:

About 500 ish , wouldnt  that be irrelevant if it's being used for hire and reward or  buisness use.

possibly but could help your case if excessive?

Can you prove its being used for business?

Perhaps I should of just said , does a customer has same rights when there is a fault with a car if its being used for buisness use or hire and reward .

500 miles in 6 weeks does not sound like it is being used for hire and reward.I would offer her a full refund less a mileage charge of 45p per mile which is the HMRC going rate.As she is self employed and uses the car in connection with her business,I would say she can claim the mileage charge as a tax deductible business expense.

As i understand it, if you 'sold' it to a business ie their business address is on the invoice, then it is business to business, otherwise it was sold to a private individual... business to business has completely different set of rules and if you  have a strong set of docs for your warranty terms then that is what you/they a court goes by, or so i understand

14 hours ago, tradex said:

If people want courtesy cars, super quick turnaround etc there is a solution...buy new!

You are doing your best, it's a second hand car and you haven't said " go do one"

Ffs what more do people want?

Exactly .. punters ,can't live with em and definately can't live without em :)