Sign in to follow this  
Tom

Extended warranty

What are you guys charging for extended warranty? 6/12/24 etc. 

9 hours ago, Tom said:

What are you guys charging for extended warranty? 6/12/24 etc. 

Nothing. I include 12 months in the price of most cars. I'm always wary of up selling a product which you can't rely on, and extended warranties fall into that category for me. That said, I'm with WMS and they are pretty good, for example they have just paid out for two coil springs in the last few months.

12 hours ago, sparky said:

Nothing. I include 12 months in the price of most cars. I'm always wary of up selling a product which you can't rely on, and extended warranties fall into that category for me. That said, I'm with WMS and they are pretty good, for example they have just paid out for two coil springs in the last few months.

Hi Spark

How much do WMS charge for a 6 month warranty, or even the 12 month. I give 3 months warranty as standard stand by me via 3rd party self cert warranty but want to look at 6-12 month for an upsell or to give away as a close for customer looking for longer cover

11 hours ago, betginge said:

Hi Spark

How much do WMS charge for a 6 month warranty, or even the 12 month. I give 3 months warranty as standard stand by me via 3rd party self cert warranty but want to look at 6-12 month for an upsell or to give away as a close for customer looking for longer cover

For a 5 star policy, £1000 claim limit I'm paying £150 plus VAT for a 12 month. I think 6 months is £120 so not really worth bothering with IMO. The rep I use and have used for a long time within the industry is a chap called Adrian who like you is based in leafy cheshire :) I've know him for a long time and he is spot on. Maybe more importantly, so are WMS. That's not to say I've had disagreements but they are certainly the best I've come across by a long way.

Our own warranty or nothing! Sod all this extended stuff that the companies don't want to cover but we are still liable for it!

we have their profit instead! Happy days!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wood235 said:

Our own warranty or nothing! Sod all this extended stuff that the companies don't want to cover but we are still liable for it!

we have their profit instead! Happy days!!

I understand where your coming from wood. I offer my own 3 month warranty but i do not want to commit to 6 months term, I know my responsibility under CRA but I could not stomach the customer coming at me at 5 months and 29 days with a shopping list of issues he/she has cause.

I think 3 months is reasonable and after that I just use common sense, But If someone wants a longer warranty I think sticking on a 3rd party warranty is the only option for me