James Baggott

Where do you spend your advertising cash?

We're wondering whether local newspapers still make up a large chunk of your marketing spend.

Do you still spend most of your money with your local paper? Or is radio more important? Have you dabbled in TV? Or does your spend all of to online portals and ad words these days?

I'd love to hear how things are changing for you. Let me know.

I still do local news paper advertising, it works for me!  

think there are still the old fashioned customers who like to read / see it in the 'papers' !

tried Radio a few times , very expensive but not seen good returns - although I feel there should be its never been good , probably good for branding!

• Like 1

Lots travelling from all over the country to buy the right car, but local business is I feel more important as this is what its more about , repeat, recommendations are more likely than if simply selling a long distance away.

As an ex-magazine person, I'm almost ashamed to say that all my advertising spend is online. It's cost effective and easy to monitor.

There's also the small point that none of the four UK Porsche magazines' advertising departments ever make an effort to sell me space - if they showed the initiative I'd be tempted to support them. :-)

How far people will travel depends, to an extent, on the car. The 'threshold of a good' if I remember my A level geography. I get customers from all around the world if I get a rare classic, whereas people are less likely to travel very far for a Ford Fiesta.

Phil "Less likely to travel for a fiesta" :) I did have a couple travel from Preston to stoke to buy a fiesta ! the 20+ pictures gave them the reassurance that I had nothing to hide - so travelled down and bought ! So impressed they've promised to see me for their next car! but do agree special/rare cars people will travel the world.

if the price is right people will come, I'm suprised how many people ask if we can deliver a car and at what cost. As far as scotland, we never do and they always turn up.

spoke to a dealer who turned this on his head. offered to drive the car 100 miles to us for a view, with no deposit.

Is this a clever sales ploy ( play on the guilt of the buyer) or madness, a loss of cash and waste of time?