Sign in to follow this  
betginge

FCA Licence Wait

I am now on week 5 of waiting for my FCA consumer license to come through, After engaging with guys on the this forum and confident with replies from others of theirs turning up within 21 days I thought I would be sorted by now.

I spoke to them the other day to find out that they have not even issued the application to a case officer, Great :angry:  I know it can take up to 3 months but I thought with it being a

limited application it wouldn't take the full time as it would seem is going to happen in my case.

Has anyone had a long slog with the FCA getting the license through or am I just the unlucky one, Little annoying as I cannot open until it arrives and with £1500 of costs going ot each month waiting is a little annoying.

I think ours was about six or seven weeks.

Was a new business with no trading history at the time but we ticked all their boxes

Rang them today, they told me that there is a back log and it could take up to 6 months :angry: yes that's right 6 months 

What a joke, a few months back they were turning applications around in a few weeks not it's months. Angry and annoyed doesn't cover it. 

21 minutes ago, betginge said:

Rang them today, they told me that there is a back log and it could take up to 6 months :angry: yes that's right 6 months 

What a joke, a few months back they were turning applications around in a few weeks not it's months. Angry and annoyed doesn't cover it. 

Presumably they've taken your money quick enough though! :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, betginge said:

They said exactly the same thing to us two years ago...big backlog, six month wait.

I think the six months thing is just their line that they stick to tbh

11 Days I think mine was done ( sorry ) but I was told could be upto 6 Months

Well lets hope your right, i can deal with a couple of months longer but not much more than that.

Your right though they had our money as soon as we did the app-_-