Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

Mazda 6 Sport 2011 stereo problem

Anyone experienced head unit problems with the Mazda 6 - I have 2 in at the moment both with all the lights and buttons working for stereo but no noise/volume will play. Ordered a replacement genuine head unit (2nd hand) and  still not working. I don't want to just start throwing money and parts at them so wondered if anyone else had experienced similar.

Rory does it have the Bose upgraded amp and speakers?

I've known the issue to be with the amp fuse blowing in the past, so might be a cheap fix?

Oh forgot to say it's worth checking all your fuses.

If it does have Bose it doesn't work off the radio fuse, I think it's off the interior or dimmer fuse. check them all, all under the bonnet and at the drivers side kick panel, as if memory serves me right that's where the interior fuses are.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Rory does it have the Bose upgraded amp and speakers?

I've known the issue to be with the amp fuse blowing in the past, so might be a cheap fix?

Oh forgot to say it's worth checking all your fuses.

If it does have Bose it doesn't work off the radio fuse, I think it's off the interior or dimmer fuse. check them all, all under the bonnet and at the drivers side kick panel, as if memory serves me right that's where the interior fuses are.

These fuses are particularly liable to blow when teenagers are in the car!:D