Sign in to follow this  
metcars

How long is too long to collect a car?

Just wondering what you guys have experienced as I've recently had a customer pay for a car in full and then not collect it for nearly a week? It started after doing the deal as, "we'll pick it up tomorrow", and that continued every day for nearly a week. Various excuses were offered, but as they had paid in full and they had the docs, keys the lot I couldn't even move the thing up the road. I think I'll have to take a tip from the auctions and apply storage fees after 3 days?.

Edited by metcars

I've had a car sat for 2 weeks or more before they collected it but it was agreed at the time of sale. Just tell them the car needs moving asap. 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I've had a car sat for 2 weeks or more before they collected it but it was agreed at the time of sale. Just tell them the car needs moving asap. 

I wouldn't have minded if it was agreed beforehand, I would have told them to move it somewhere else. Originally it was "back tomorrow to pick up" but one day turned into two etc. I messaged them every day and every day was a different excuse. I must admit I was starting to think about getting a forklift. :D

• Like 2

I've got one that is now close to a month! Paid in full and started off as ''i'll collect next week'' then Christmas was approaching so they said can they collect just after Christmas, then just after the new year. I'll be on the phone to them 9am on the 3rd to collect their vehicle!

5 hours ago, M.J said:

I've got one that is now close to a month! Paid in full and started off as ''i'll collect next week'' then Christmas was approaching so they said can they collect just after Christmas, then just after the new year. I'll be on the phone to them 9am on the 3rd to collect their vehicle!

I suppose after a month, its not a case of him just being late collecting his car but that he's parked illegally?:D

On 12/31/2016 at 6:32 PM, met said:

I wouldn't have minded if it was agreed beforehand, I would have told them to move it somewhere else. Originally it was "back tomorrow to pick up" but one day turned into two etc. I messaged them every day and every day was a different excuse. I must admit I was starting to think about getting a forklift. :D

I think forklift is also a good idea. :)

Edited by lissa

on the receipt

date of sale..............

date of agreed collection............

please let me know if you cannot make this date by verbally telephoning me and updating

simples,this is why my receipt is all mine and took years to hone

Maybe one day we'll start a thread oulining the details of our own personal receipts. And build a 'super receipt' incorporating ideas from all of us. I'm guessing it will be a substantial document!