James Baggott

How important is video to your business?

I'm planning a feature on the importance of video to dealers in a forthcoming issue of Car Dealer. I'd love to hear how you use video in your business. Have you got a video introduction to your showroom on your website? Do you use video to showcase your cars? 

Do you have a YouTube channel and is it important to drive traffic to your site? How do you think dealers should be using video now and in the future? 

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts and will use the best comments as part of my feature. Thanks for your input!

• Like 1

I'm planning on doing an introduction. My son is a keen video maker, and a snapper just yesterday lent us a glide cam. Watch this space!

I did for a while make 60 second walkarounds of cars but that's gone by the wayside. I may revisit it.

Phil

An early attempt :

– Don’t laugh J!!

Some other marketing videos’

just for a laugh :

Feel free to add your thoughts would love to know .. Good bad , hopefully not ugly ! :)

How important is the professional element to the video? How much does your business spend on hiring a videographer to shoot and edit your videos? Or do you think it's acceptable to just shoot a quick video off your smart phone and upload?

I have been using video for a couple of months. Feedback from customers is good and it has definitely helped sales. I try to keep the video's to 60 seconds and don't use the youtube facility to correct camera shake as it can make the video look very distorted. For me the goal is simply to give the customer that extra confidence to come out and see the car. 

Spielberg has nothing to worry about, but this is one of my "shoots":

Not too bad for a smart phone....having said that, I still haven't shifted this motor.............

• Like 1