Sign in to follow this  
betginge

Car Gurus, Worth A Punt ?

Hi Guys

There seems to be some strong support for Car Gurus Website from traders on this forum.  I am thinking of using them but wanted to know people's response from using the service, Is it just an extra place to stick stock on or do the leads side work in getting customers on the phone or on the pitch. I understand its free so seems a no brainer but can't see it being an Autotrader Light for Free. 

We've just started a free trial with them after getting a few of their free enquiries (the ones that come through with no contact details)

So far not one enquiry, time will tell...

Hi betginge 

the day they stop stating the car I am selling is a good, great or bad deal and they don't advertise how long we have had a car for sale is the day I start advertising with them, until then I will watch from afar!

Its great to see someone taking on the all mighty AutoTrader however is this just the all 'dictating' AT in disguise?

Jim

• Like 1

It does work, but, it took a bit of trial and error to come up with the right format to answer the initial email enquiry to gain a response as you don't have the customers contact details.

Biggest let down is if you have a high spec vehicle that commands a premium as the site doesn't seem to differentiate.

I think as its free then why not I have sold out of it and it didn't cost me a penny and my websites feeds to it so nothing to do there either. I have sold cars that cargurus said were overpriced but still sold them. 

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think as its free then why not I have sold out of it and it didn't cost me a penny and my websites feeds to it so nothing to do there either. I have sold cars that cargurus said were overpriced but still sold them. 

I am of a similar mind with this. I wouldn't pay for it ( on my second free trial now ) and I get less leads from this when i've been on the trails, so my view is, keep the free listings

My website feeds it, I get 4/5 emails a month of which 2/3 turn into deals, i'd never pay their daft asking price of circa £250 per month. The analytics side of it is quite interesting, however looking at spreadsheets and graphs all day doesn't get that 2008 mini cooper clean that needs pictures........ so i'm off

:lol:

Cheers Guys

Might be worth it on free Trial, If it brings one deal every other month for nothing, it's worth doing.  Jim I get Your point on the days on sale status, this needs scrapping. You would think they would drop this as its a put off to dealers which let's face it, they need a shed load more of us to get the site even a fraction as popular as AT

Just had an email regarding a 2011 c max. According to the experts at cargurus it's a 'great deal' and at 5 grand is £1601 below where it should be. No wonder Mr Jones is interested, whether  he is still interested when he sees it's a mark 2 c max is another matter :)

• Like 1