Sign in to follow this  
Max Branning

Worn steering wheels

This annoys the hell out of me...lovely mint car but the steering wheel looks like its been through the mincer with leather missing. Have had about 3 cars come in this week like this all peugeots, how do you all normally deal with this problem? do you bother to get the wheels refurbished and if so what does it normally cost?

I normally just give the customer a few quid off the price if they moan about it but a couple of these cars are bad so i think will put buyers off altogether...

Get a steering wheel cover and hope they don't notice.

Alternatively on 'nicer' cars local interior  man normally sorts it for around £30. took this option on a £8k Qasqai an it looked great once done.

• Like 1

Had the same problem with a Peugeot 3008. As far as I remember, a replacement wheel is only about £40. I think you have to swap a couple of bits over but better than a repair, no? Might be worth checking with your local friendly pug dealer (if there is such a thing!)

• Like 1

Offer with a nice pair of Alan Partridge style leather driving gloves.

• Like 1

Been buying tailored leather steering wheel,gloves off eBay, approx £18.50 for a great quality one. "Mr steering" does the best ones. Takes me approx 1.5 hours to sew on but looks great, really mastered it now!

theres a video on youtube which explains it all!

• Like 1