Sign in to follow this  
grant8064

Finance proposals...

So today I got a walk on interested in a 9k Smax that we've had in stock for a while...happy days!

After a couple of minutes chatting though you could tell it was going to be one of those customers that it makes business sense not to deal. I'd not seen anyone all day though so I thought i'd play the game and get them in the office for a rundown of spec etc.

Then they drop the 'how does finance work?' and 'i've got really bad credit' lines.

Not normally an issue...just stick a proposal through after the usual questions and explanations and see what happens.

However, this was a client I didn't want to do business with but i'd already got the prop up online in the hope the hassle of it might put them off...

So, what do you all do? Put them through or make some excuses and let them walk?

Why don't you want to put them through, you think they'll be a problematic customer later on?

2 minutes ago, M.J said:

Why don't you want to put them through, you think they'll be a problematic customer later on?

Yep, you could just tell they were going to be hassle later down the line...unrealistic expectations of a used car and already asking what they can do if they decide they don't like it in a couple of weeks etc. Normally I just tell them straight how it works but if they got accepted and signed up for finance it makes it all the more complicated if they want/find a reason to back it.

I swerved them by but interested what others would do?

Ah fair enough, yep i would of done the exact same thing, just get rid.

Ive said it before & I will Say It Again 

WE NEED TO START GETTING TOUGH WITH THESE CUSTOMERS.

Sometimes you need to move on customers who you know will give you issues, The only saving grace is when there on Finance there is another barrier in front of the rights to reject, more complex and the customer is more likely to go down the repair route than reject if issues arise. 

Unless you've signed an agreement with one of them that hold you totally responsible in the event their customer has a complaint. They will roll over, refund and you'll have to pay.

Check the small print...

tell them youve done a history check and it comes up as an undisclosed write off

that should get therm running

As GG said be very careful with the vehicle you put out on Finance, any issues with the car and the finance company can refund and claim the money back from you