Sign in to follow this  
betginge

Experian, Cap / Glass No Retail Prices

Hi All

I used to use Hpi however when we downsized the amount of checks we were doing we moved to Experian autocheck. With Hpi when a valuation was selected with a hpi check it told you cap trade and cap retail. however with experian although they have a separate valuation check saving you a check against using hpi, it doesn't tell you the Retail value. Instead I get Cap / Glass trade prices but the Retail price is blanked (not available) on every car  value. 

Do you have to pay for this extra with Experian or do they not provide Retail pricing as that would be a little Naff to say the least 

Any info Guys, don't tell me I am going to have to ring Experien for an answer :D

Free Cap & Glass Trade & Retail prices when you sign up with Autorola for FREE. (Did I mention it was free?)

Details here

You're welcome.

• Like 1

We have just had our account closed because we didn't buy anything from them .... That's because all the cars were way over priced.

Unlike the stuff on AutoTradeMail....

Did you ever have a chat with them to ask about specific cars? The stock they display is not actually theirs - they are just a portal for main dealers to advertise. so the pricing issue is not down to them and they will talk to the dealers to try and get the price down as well as asking about history, condition etc. Maybe the problem lies with dealer staff not actually understanding there has to be a difference between Trade and Retail? It never ceases to amaze me how some Main Dealers buy deals to make their targets and then expect the rest of the trade to pay for their mistakes.

At least you get condition guarantees and secure escrow payment system - more than Dealer Auction.

We had them send us lists on a weekly basis, the ones that we were interested in were usually listed just below retail and when you added the buyers fee and delivery it made them overpriced, and yes we realised it wasn't autorolas fault.

You can ask them to send you a list of cars close to cap and glass trade prices and go from there. I get one every week.