Sign in to follow this  
It's me

Post office to stop dvla work

Just been to the post office to tax a car and asked for some v62, s I got them but was advised they are struggling to get them  from the dvla because taxing at the post office is being stopped in april

I am awaiting a log book via dvla now 6 days overdue which is why I confirm some cars are in trade and then tax them for customers at the post office

What's going to happen come April and how come I found this out via the post office and not mainstream knowledge? 

It's bad enough phoning or using webchat to get through to the dvla now as most of them are still working from home

Comments please, 

This has been in the news over the summer. Current DVLA contract with the PO ends on March 31st 2024.  Thereafter you will have to engage with DVLA online. Good luck with that.  All part of government 'cost saving'..  I know there are people getting up petitions to reverse this decision, but I won't be holding my breath.

Unfortunately this is all part and parcel of living in what is increasingly 'Sh*thole Britain'. I semi-retired in 2018 (I have a business partner who does most of the work now) and spend half the year overseas, with a view now to moving away permanently.  Coming back to UK is so depressing.  Just about any service in the UK is dysfunctional - police, NHS, tax office, banks.  Roads rammed. People ill-mannered. Crime.  Ridiculous charges (councils, waste disposal etc etc).

• Like 1

Thanks

I don't watch the telly box but do follow the news so somehow I've missed this

I agree UK plc is firmly down the tubes, I even had to self diagnose to my doctor to get some much needed tablets last month, only thing is I'm now growing boobies as I told him the wrong symptoms 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, It's me said:

Just been to the post office to tax a car and asked for some v62, s I got them but was advised they are struggling to get them  from the dvla because taxing at the post office is being stopped in april

I am awaiting a log book via dvla now 6 days overdue which is why I confirm some cars are in trade and then tax them for customers at the post office

What's going to happen come April and how come I found this out via the post office and not mainstream knowledge? 

It's bad enough phoning or using webchat to get through to the dvla now as most of them are still working from home

Comments please, 

It might mean that stuff at auction with a ‘ no docs ,get your own ‘ description will be a lot cheaper ! With a finance repo with no docs and still reg’d in the previous owners name,it could take months with DVLA to get a new reg doc !

34 minutes ago, It's me said:

Thanks

I don't watch the telly box but do follow the news so somehow I've missed this

I agree UK plc is firmly down the tubes, I even had to self diagnose to my doctor to get some much needed tablets last month, only thing is I'm now growing boobies as I told him the wrong symptoms 

You might have to become part of the LGMGBGT or whatever community .But if you actually saw a GP,you did well.A lot of surgeries now don’t answer the phone but a message says that you are first in the queue and 20 mins later you are still waiting so you hang up which is what they want you to do.Their websites now just say ‘ please don’t bother us if it is not urgent as we are very busy ‘ and if it is urgent dial 101 or whatever.You can’t speak to them about an elderly relative you might be looking after because of  ‘ patient confidentiality’ As for prescriptions,it takes 3 days here to get one and chemist shops now appear to be closing up,I think Boots are closing 200 shops.Everything gets harder,an ex trader friend described how he changed a headlight bulb on his 66 A4,it took him 4 hours and had to put it on a ramp and drop the front bumper .

49 minutes ago, trade vet said:

It might mean that stuff at auction with a ‘ no docs ,get your own ‘ description will be a lot cheaper ! With a finance repo with no docs and still reg’d in the previous owners name,it could take months with DVLA to get a new reg doc !

I do buy this type of stuff if availabubble and yes often have to ring after the 5 weeks and then miracously it turns up 5 days later mmm

I'm currently waiting for a log book sent out by the dvla on the 4th and it's not arrived, I have visions of another trader being given it and he's thinking ha he can't sell that then

This is why I use the PO if they have been put in trade but this little luxury is about to be taken away

Oh well soon be out of this job and feet up:D