Paul Falcon Cars

2014 Peugeot Partner Auto Box Fault

I have a sales 2014 Peugeot Partner 1.6 HDi EGC Auto, been driven absolutely fine until I started it today to find no drive, auto light constantly flashing, select Drive, Reverse, Manual but just displays Neutral, can anyone help?? 

Paul. 

EGC are often a complete nightmare. Its an 'automated manual'. We don't buy, sell or service vehicles with this gearbox.  Best case is disconnect/reconnect battery will reset it. Be sure battery is in tip top condition.

If that doesn't fix it then you may need to go to the main dealer. Not many independents will mess with these. Often its actuator failure which is couple of thousand to fix.

A ten year old EGC is not something I would retail.

Edited by Halfpenny
  • Like 1

Helped someone this week who's windows wouldn't close I was just passing on a walk and I told them to take the battery clamp off for 10minutes,when I came back an hour later the windows were shut

Sometimes basic stuff can be a great help to remember

Then this week a customer decided to change his battery but connected it the wrong was round, nothing worked but the starter and the engine ran, that was an interesting one to suss out