Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

Fiat 500 EV

Inflation or what ! Just reading about the new F500 EV.The poverty model is £34,000 ! with a ‘ potential’ range of 164 miles ? I wonder how many of those will dealers be expected to shift per month. I would imagine that punters will need 10 grand deposit to even rent one for 3 years.How much will they retail for when they are 5 years old ,30k but with 10- 15% battery depletion ,sounds like £6999 max.to me. …….it’s mad.

I've been on the waiting list for the Abarth EV for six months so will let you know when it comes in !

Seriously think the Chinese brands are going to shake the market up. People can joke about the quality etc but the BYD cars look top spec and will undercut the European models. 

2 hours ago, Highlinev8 said:

I've been on the waiting list for the Abarth EV for six months so will let you know when it comes in !

Seriously think the Chinese brands are going to shake the market up. People can joke about the quality etc but the BYD cars look top spec and will undercut the European models. 

You could  be right but they might need to hire George Clooney,Brad Pitt and David Beckham as brand ambassadors to get ‘ street cred ‘ ! We had an MG 3 small hatch a few years ago,looked the part but drove like an 80’s Metro. The young punter was happy with it, probably because it was 3 year old,£4000 and it was an MG !   

I've not seen the Chinese stuff in the flesh yet, but don't expect there to be a lot wrong with it, you'll get a long warranty, lots of gadgets and a big saving on the European stuff ......ok might not have the badge, or the so called "driving experience" but with the groups loosing out on the transition to Agency model sales they'll be glad of the profit opportunity and will jump on board and will push these new brands hard...

• Thanks 1

there's a video on u tube regarding fires in China, quite frightening once they get thermal runaway, apparently in London they drop them into a skip of water as the only way to put the things out

the electric viking on the same channel is also worth listening to with regards the future