Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

EV Cheapies

Hi guys,out of interest,circa 10 years time when there will be far more EV’s and rapid charging is the norm which depletes batteries quicker,can anyone project how much older EV’s will sell for.For instance will a 10 year old,100k,average size EV but with 30% battery depletion be considered a ‘cheapie ‘ in the trade caused by the prohibitive cost of batteries.Could a 60 grand Tesla or similar become £3000 ! Alternatively will the equivalent Euro 6 petrol and diesels retain their values far better and be better retailers than they are now………..thoughts please.

EV's when 10 years, will be well and truly at the end of their lives as regards their batteries. The cost of a new replacement battery will determine then what they are worth.

Selling used EV's will be a nightmare, I have experience of it. Even as they sit up on your pitch the batteries will degrade and they will need to be kept charged somewhere between 20 and 80 percent at all times.

I for one will NOT be in this trade when it goes 100% EV

Edited by Scooby who

20 hours ago, trade vet said:

Hi guys,out of interest,circa 10 years time when there will be far more EV’s and rapid charging is the norm which depletes batteries quicker,can anyone project how much older EV’s will sell for.For instance will a 10 year old,100k,average size EV but with 30% battery depletion be considered a ‘cheapie ‘ in the trade caused by the prohibitive cost of batteries.Could a 60 grand Tesla or similar become £3000 ! Alternatively will the equivalent Euro 6 petrol and diesels retain their values far better and be better retailers than they are now………..thoughts please.

Good question. Especially when you see what an ancient ‘worn smooth’ 400k mile ex private hire Prius makes!

Selling a 10yr old Tesla is terrifying, good luck with that!  I want to be well out of this game before that happens. Fortunately I’ve got my over 60s travel card now so bah humbug!