slademotors

Smart Key Control Module Toyota Auris

Hi 

I have a major problem and its been lingering for about 5 weeks now.

Toyota Auris Hybrid battery died.  After recharge/battery replacement the car wont start up. Toyota main dealer diagnosed the problem to Smart Key Control Module being faulty. They quoted me an eye watering £1500 to have it replaced. My mum cant afford that much its her car.

I brought genuine one replacement part of Ebay asked if Toyota if they code which they said they could. Today they called me saying cant code as the smart key control module is locked to previous car it was taken off and they would need the keys for that car. I asked could they not just wipe off what is on the smart key control module and copy over what is on my original one. They said cant do that as it is locked. 

I am finding this hard to believe. There must be way to get the replacement smart key control module mapped to my existing keys right? and then if needed coded to the main ECU that controls the engine start up and stuff. Has anyone else come across this problem. Would a car key dude be able to code the keys to the working Smart key control module?  

Part no. 89990-02130 Toyota Auris 2010 Hybird 1.8 

Edited by slademotors

your original module the eprom will have been corrupted and thus useless, your replacement would need the keys but a good mobile key man possibly could read your replacement eprom and provide keys, I bought a machine via a Ali express for Toyota but have to admit I failed to get it to work, this was via eibd rather than a chip reader

1 hour ago, It's me said:

your original module the eprom will have been corrupted and thus useless, your replacement would need the keys but a good mobile key man possibly could read your replacement eprom and provide keys, I bought a machine via a Ali express for Toyota but have to admit I failed to get it to work, this was via eibd rather than a chip reader

Thanks that is what i was thinking surely a car key man would be able map my keys to the new working control module... there might be 4 sets of keys for the car but the chances of someone else having the other pair are pretty remote.

Edited by slademotors

We had this issue with a IQ that we lost the key for and had no spare, we were told we would need a new smart key module and then keys. We ended up finding a key man that coded new keys up to the original module. It did take a while and he charged us 700 for two genuine smart keys coded but it could have been a lot worse. Just have a ring around and im sure you find someone who knows how it’s done.

9 hours ago, Bmx Bandits said:

We had this issue with a IQ that we lost the key for and had no spare, we were told we would need a new smart key module and then keys. We ended up finding a key man that coded new keys up to the original module. It did take a while and he charged us 700 for two genuine smart keys coded but it could have been a lot worse. Just have a ring around and im sure you find someone who knows how it’s done.

Do you still have his number? i got someone coming to look at on thursday hopefully he can resolve it

On 12/13/2022 at 9:41 PM, slademotors said:

Do you still have his number? i got someone coming to look at on thursday hopefully he can resolve it

I once took a saxo push button start box with the ecu to a company advertising they could find the key code and everything would work (1111 didnt:D

so I pulled up at this ramshackle building and they wanted half up front before they would touch it, no refunds

told them straight you could go round the back pick your nose and scratch your burrberries come out and say no guv we can't do this obe

as elvis said I left the building never to return only to drive up to Durham to the name on the log book and get cursed and the door slammed in my face, think it was the same car but it must be what 15 years ago

cars eh