Sign in to follow this  
sparky

Merc SLK Advice

I don't like doing this, but I owe a mate a favour after having some building work done.

We are after a MERCEDES-BENZ SLK 250 2.1 CDI B/E AMG SPORT TIP Roadster and there a few going through BCA tomorrow. I don't know the first things about these cars seeing as they are not French so any advice on anything I need to be aware of would be appreciated. Also, I'm presuming that a 2013 with 15k on it last serviced at 7k by Merc would be covered by manufacturer's warranty? 

Thanks in advance.

Never driven one, I would guess the service intervals are 2 years or around 20k, I know on the last c63 Amg we had there was also a fluid change for the gearbox. It's an a (minor) b (major) service.

merc customer services are not very helpful in giving out the service history, they want your inside leg measurement. At least the car should have some manufactures warranty. I'd be wanting to see the roof go up and down and that it has Oem tyres with the mo rating.

• Like 1

As said above the electrics should be checked especially the roof that's a must, the service is covered by the OBD for intervals so if it's driven in a certain way that then tells the computer when to ask for a service, as long as it's done at Merc then at that age any warranty claim should be straight forward.

Most of these are ex lease cars, so either a company car or a fleet hire car, I've had a few and the engine etc seems good at this age, these newer Mercs seem solid really.

• Like 1

Cheers guys. 

Bought the car for cap clean which was 17k. My man is made up, even more so that it has a pan roof. Right, time to go and concentrate on the more bread and butter cars of the world after my dabble into the prestige pool.

• Like 3