Sign in to follow this  
Nevillec

ULEZ

What are your views about the expansion of the ULEZ  zone for London, in 2021?

With most businesses and people suffering from financial hardship now, and probably more  when we come out of this mess,  it seems crazy that the government would  continue with the ULEZ expansion.

Most businesses will be looking to survive and the last thing they will want to do  is  buy a new euro van  or car. 

In my opinion you reap what you see

It therefore follows that the majority voted stay in the EU  in london thus they also want to be controlled by eu measures and the unworkable Paris agreement

I disagree with both until it's a level playing field

We now import wood pellets from america to fire our biggest power station because of the eu, its costing a million pound a day in subsidies, so the swedes dont choke on their er swedes.

I'm out

....... on the plus side the air is cleaner?

But now we are free to “make our own rules”. So our air can be as dangerous and toxic as we demand! Yah!

Edited by metcars
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 3:56 PM, New year revolutions...... said:

In my opinion you reap what you see

It therefore follows that the majority voted stay in the EU  in london thus they also want to be controlled by eu measures and the unworkable Paris agreement

I disagree with both until it's a level playing field

We now import wood pellets from america to fire our biggest power station because of the eu, its costing a million pound a day in subsidies, so the swedes dont choke on their er swedes.

I'm out

Sorry, but what you have written there is jumbled-up claptrap.  The Paris Agreement sits above the EU. The EU is a signatory to it, along with 188 other states.

The Paris Agreement is operationalised by the Katowice Rulebook (set up by the UN) which sets out how all the different countries will meet the requirements of the Paris Agreement. The EU is responsible for implementing it within the EU. After Brexit the UK government will be responsible for implementing it in the UK. I highly doubt that the UK will break ranks with the rest of the world after Brexit.  Don't expect any changes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Halfpenny said:

Sorry, but what you have written there is jumbled-up claptrap.  The Paris Agreement sits above the EU. The EU is a signatory to it, along with 188 other states.

The Paris Agreement is operationalised by the Katowice Rulebook (set up by the UN) which sets out how all the different countries will meet the requirements of the Paris Agreement. The EU is responsible for implementing it within the EU. After Brexit the UK government will be responsible for implementing it in the UK. I highly doubt that the UK will break ranks with the rest of the world after Brexit.  Don't expect any changes.

I was making a point

The Paris agreement may well be signed by 188 signatures but when you see how it works it is just a load of sleeves signing a book,its unworkable