Sign in to follow this  
GreenGiant

Just shown to me on Twatter:

Embedded image permalink

Seriously?
So the business plan is to sell all the stock and make no money...

Or are they actually lying, and "Cost Price" is really a made up number invented to mislead the punters?

Either way......

Sheeeeeesh! Welcome to the Retail Motor Trade, Volume Stylie!

I've come across this before and it's usually carried out by dealers who would much rather sell for nothing to hit target then have to register a load of pre reg to get the back end moneys. Here's how they did it. They would sell the cars completely at cost i.e the full 10% front end margin shown as a discount, a PDI and Plate would be invoiced at £495 so therefor they were working for a couple of hundred profit on the PDi and all of the back end monies assuming they hit target. IMHO it's a very risky strategy and the only one to benefit is the manufacturer as if unsuccessful you may still have to register a load of stock to hit target.

But is this the world we've created? Or indeed the one we want (or ought) to be living in?

Shortcut to the job centre, if you ask me.

When the manufacturer comes a-knocking, JUST SAY NO. If everyone does it, the balance of power will shift in our favour. 'Cos the more you bend over, the more of a seeing-to you get. Why flog your arse to death for no money?

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more GG what we collectively have to learn after years of being taught to fight one another is that if we all stood together we really can make a difference and make our jobs a lot more easier all it takes is for us to have the b@lls to do it. After all the big greedy boys in our industry need us more than we need them. It's a lot easier to start a used car sales operation than it is to appoint a whole new dealer network. 

• Like 2