Sign in to follow this  
jamslug

Autorola? Anyone used them?

Hi everyone

Autorola have a car I want to buy but I have never done business with them before. I haven't even heard of them before now to be honest. 

If anyone has any experience with them, I would really appreciate it if you could share that with me. 

Thanks, 

James 

Yep. No probs at all. Easy to deal with and plenty of main dealer stock to browse through. You can set up a direct debit with them to make payments easier.

Call 01625 507029 and talk to Mark Craig. If you're after one in particular, ask him to see if he can get it cheaper for you as well - no harm in asking.

Added bonus - when registered with them, you can get Glass and CAP valuations for free. But don't tell everyone...

• Like 1

Thanks Big Greeny. I have already got a log in to browse. But I was just unsure of going through with a purchase. Until I have heard some feedback. 

Thank you :)

Yep, easy to deal with. If you call them you'll get a honest appraisal on the car, and always get them to try and get it a little cheaper. Once you agree to purchase a car your money is taken into a holding account. The car is then delivered and if there's any issues it's sorted out and once everybody's happy the selling dealer gets their money.

Only issue I've had is the car listed aren't always available but a small price to pay to source decent clean stock at fair money.

Thanks Big Greeny. I have already got a log in to browse. But I was just unsure of going through with a purchase. Until I have heard some feedback. 

Thank you :)

You're welcome. Although I'm not sure about the 'Big Greeny' thing...

Sounds a little too nasal for my liking.

• Like 1

Interesting comparison.

MFL Direct have a lot of ever-changing stock that is nearly always standard spec but with good history. BUT... Invariably need some cosmetic prep that they aren't interested in contributing towards. Especially alloys &  bumper scuffs, missing keys and handbooks. All, apparently, within Condition Standards (their standards, not ours). They ain't cheap either. And you have to pay up front and wait up to a week before the car shows up. I know you can go through the grievance process, but it takes forever and you don't get anything for the above problems and once you've smart repaired 2 bumpers and 4 diamond cut alloys, carried out a full service, given it the first proper valet its had since it was new and replaced and coded a new key, you're £750 out of pocket. So, be prepared.

Autorola cars, however, come properly described with all the bits you expect and if there are any issues, they get them sorted.

You pays your money, you takes your choice I guess.

50% of the way through registering with these, although we now have to sign a direct debit mandate to complete the registration. The only other stipulation is you cannot collect them yourself .... Anyone ever found this a problem or is the stock pretty good?

Not a problem and if there are any issues, they get resolved.

You are signing the DD mandate so they can take the money for the cars you buy.

Don't forget, you also get Glass and CAP valuations for FREE also.

• Like 1

Thanks, we'll get the registration complete tomorrow. 

With regards to the payment dies the money have to physically clear before released or providing the payment has been taken that's enough for the car to be released 

Edited by Steve92

I have now used Autorola twice. They are very good. The only down side is the delivery charge, which seems to be a flat rate. So try and do your research with regards to the location of the vehicle. 

The first car was located in Torquay as I recognised the forecourt, a 15 mile drive from me. But because the delivery is a flat rate they wanted to charge me £150. So I said I will go and collect myself or just not buy the car. After a chat with the manager, this was approved. 

Second car was the same story, a little bit further but I got a trade plater to do it for £60 and they wanted £150. 

Every little helps. 

• Like 1

I see what you say, but when you find one in Newcastle, would you be prepared to pay £300 to make up the difference? Or will you then be wanting the subsidised flat rate? Everyone's trying to make a living; it can't always be heads you win, tails they lose, can it? And I bet you made more than £90 out of it...

I don't have a problem with flat rate delivery charges. In fact, I wish MFL would introduce it, as it seems the only cars I ever want to buy from them are a squillion miles away.

I would prefer to pay for what I use. So charge me £50 for a 25 mile trip, charge me £300 for a 250 mile trip. 

Your right, everyone is trying to make a living and that includes me. 

But you have just said it your self! You wish mfl introduces a flat rate as you are always buying cars far away, but that will be subsidised by the likes of me who prefers to buy local cars. Why should should I be paying for your reduced delivery?

I bet you would be moaning if it was the other way round. As you are a champion moaner. :P:P

• Like 1

Ah well. We've all got to find something we're good at, haven't we?

Besides, it really all depends on where we're located. For example, You being where you are (and Jim Reid, at the other extreme) would probably benefit from a flat rate, whereas Umesh sat in the middle of the country would be the one subsidising your deliveries. But he's a nice guy and wouldn't mind at all!(?)

So, I don't know if there is a right answer. I guess it just is what it is and we like it or lump it.