Any  one had any problems shifting the Zafiras that could be affected with the catching fire problem, I know it's only the ones with electronic climate control or no air con at all, but you know the public ...

Yeah mine has died a death.

really, I can buy one , not had one since the proplems come to light , might be best to swerve it then.

A local dealer I have links to is also struggling with a 70k Life Model they have up for £2990, surely that would normally fly on  2006/7.

I have had my 2008 34k on for 8 weeks and no joy, £4890 then £4590. (Breeze+)

Just been the underbidder on one today. If I could, I'd still buy one, it would have to be diesel though.

We have an 09 that's dragging its heels, nice low miles, 40k, phoned main dealer the other day, they had it in, voluntarily, checked it out, changed pollen filter, checked the blower resister and gave us a certificate to prove the action.

we thought it best as when we get someone on it, we don't want to lose them and this may give us a better chance!

Vauxhall have put out a press release explaining that the cause of the issues has been confirmed as ' improper repair of the thermal fuse of the resistor in the heating and ventilation system, undertaken outside of Vauxhall’s authorised service and maintenance processes and schedule.'

However, they have been told to 'upgrade' the campaign to a safety recall and will replace the resistors FoC.  There is an interesting line at the end of the release though: 'As a matter of extra caution, we will also install additional water protection below the windscreen scuttle panel to minimise any opportunities for water ingress following improper refitting after removal.'

I guess this is the root-cause of the resistor failures in the first place?