Wood235

Card machine with barclaycard & compliance

For about 15yrs now since I started trading I have had a card machine supplied by barclaycard. Over the last 6 or 7 yrs they have made us have this security thing which they call 'PCI compliance'. Annually we have to tick lots of boxes in this questionnaire which basically lets them know who uses the machine and how we do our business with it.

when it first started I think we paid about a fiver annually, then a few yrs on up until now it has been £11.99.

I get a phone call today telling me because of updates blah blah... It's gonna be for this year ;

Annual Fee.                                      £29.99 

Training for this yr(online)                 £44.00

Extra training if req (each time.       £25.00

I am just thinking when is it all going to end...take take take!!!!

If it's not this its the FCA wanting money for ole rope aswell, it's a list of loads of other waste of space groups wanting to grab whatever they can from us!

Do any of you have experience or any advice on the card machine rules & requirements when it's contracted with barclaycard and if there's any way of bypassing some of this pelt that we have to comply with?

thanks

Gary

I've just joined a company called Paytek. I'm still with Barclays Merchant Services but I've a new machine and merchant number. Everything stays the same apart from the monthly bill which now comes from Paytek. Worth a look at.

• Like 1

Sparky, can you let us know more about this? Is it straightforward to change over? Do they still have any fees?

Straightforward? Well, if I can do it....... £20 set up fee. Not had a bill yet but I'm expecting it to half my previous merchant services bill which usually circa £300.