SEsteve

Warranty HELP

Hi

I am moving from a third party to an in house warranty and wondered if anyone had a document they’d be willing to share that I can get the customer to sign to provide a list of terms of what is and isn’t covered within the warranty and the term of it? 

thanks

6 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

got to be careful copy and pasting, too easy to remove consumer rights by mistake or get something wrong, your best bet is spend a bit at LAWGISTICS SELF ADMINISTERED 

Understood, I’m hoping to get an idea of what people include in their in house warranty and what is classed as ‘wear and tear’, so I am able to be up front with the customer before purchase 

1 minute ago, SEsteve said:

Understood, I’m hoping to get an idea of what people include in their in house warranty and what is classed as ‘wear and tear’, so I am able to be up front with the customer before purchase 

A warranty is in addition to the customers rights. As long as your warranty states "this warranty does not effect you consumer rights" you are ok. As HAWWTW states, buy some Lawgistics booklets.

• Like 1

We give in house warranties, been using Lawdata books for years. Every car we sell we put £50 in a separate bank account to cover any claims. Hand over the cars in good order you wont have too much come back.