Sign in to follow this  
Steve92

Check lists for stock

In order to try and prove we look after our stock do you think something like a weekly checklist would be worthwhile doing ? 

Something like check fluids, tyre pressures, lights etc and then a 5 minute test drive ? We have around 10 cars in stock at anyone time so it's not a massive issue if it takes an hour of our time and we do have to move the cars between lock up and office for viewings. I'm also going to look at some form of pdi sheet too. We could then use the weekly sheet to prove we regularly checked the cars in the event of any issues later down the line. 

• Like 1

In order to try and prove we look after our stock do you think something like a weekly checklist would be worthwhile doing ? 

Something like check fluids, tyre pressures, lights etc and then a 5 minute test drive ? We have around 10 cars in stock at anyone time so it's not a massive issue if it takes an hour of our time and we do have to move the cars between lock up and office for viewings. I'm also going to look at some form of pdi sheet too. We could then use the weekly sheet to prove we regularly checked the cars in the event of any issues later down the line. 

pdi before offered for sale

idealy also a fresh mot

these two things will help very much if you ever end up in court protecting your reputation/wallet

no matter how much love and attention my babies get they always get the oil and water checked prior to customer collection for my own piece of mind as cars like babies can dribble inbetween,if customers wants to take straight away then pretend you are showing them where they are like you would go through the procedure to key hand out anyway,ive just failed today to find the dipstick on a renault i got in today ,i only found it by following the route it took from the sump, 1400 petrol, cars hate em at times