joe406

Hello from new member!

Hi Guys,

I've been lurking on the forum for a little while now, so decided to create an account and introduce myself, now I'm looking to go full time with my sales. Sorry, it is another one of these posts!

I've been in the motor trade for 8 years and I'm 26 now. I've been running a business from home, part time for the past 3 years - all set up correctly; I've gone limited/VAT registered and have trade plates and insurance etc etc. Due to being in the motor trade, I have contacts for paint, dents etc too, so I'm halfway there. I also put Warrantywise policies on, so that has taken care of the odd problem car and helps with credibility when selling from home.

I deal with prestige cars, normally up to around £12k and these seem to work well for us. I'm growing the business - from home to begin with - as I'm lucky I live in the countryside with few neighbours and no issues. I've normally only had 3 cars in stock at any one time but I'm going to be taking the plunge and quitting work within the next month, so I will be increasing this to around 7-8 to begin with and keep selling and not taking a wage for a little while, so it can grow without taking lots of debt on. We also only buy privately at the moment and this seems to work as we haven't bought a lemon yet and it keeps overheads down without auction fees etc.

That's it for now but I dare say I will be needing some advice as the journey begins!

Edited by joe406
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum and happy new year to u 

all the best for 2020

and good luck in your new venture hope it goes well plenty help on here