Axiom

BCA Warranted Mileage

Just a quick question as have searched on the forum but not found anything.

Bought a car on BCA Live Online and didn't have a chance before purchase to HPI it as I normally would. It was sold as Warranted Mileage, but there's a discrepancy on the HPI check. Have left a message with my local branch but it was right at close of business on Friday so not heard back yet. My question is, what's the deal with warranted miles and the auction house if it's not what it is? I'd already collected the car if that makes any difference.

Have you done an MOT history check on it? This is how they warrant the mileage if its in sequence, also service history.   

59 minutes ago, Tom said:

Have you done an MOT history check on it? This is how they warrant the mileage if its in sequence, also service history.   

Yes, the MOT increments and service book both check out. The discrepancy is between the original owners logged mileage, which was a main dealer trade, and then 3 days later on it's 1st MOT it's dropped by 10k, so is being flagged up on the HPI check. I've logged a mileage investigation and sent scans of the service record which correspond to the MOTs.

7 minutes ago, Axiom said:

Yes, the MOT increments and service book both check out. The discrepancy is between the original owners logged mileage, which was a main dealer trade, and then 3 days later on it's 1st MOT it's dropped by 10k, so is being flagged up on the HPI check. I've logged a mileage investigation and sent scans of the service record which correspond to the MOTs.

Yes your better to though it could be a genuine error but it still should still have been noted as a discrepancy  in the sales sheet and mileage not warranted in my opinion surely they should have done the checks the same as you have on hpi thats what is that why we pay indemnity etc  

i would call them first thing Monday point it out 

21 minutes ago, Casper said:

Yes your better to though it could be a genuine error but it still should still have been noted as a discrepancy  in the sales sheet and mileage not warranted in my opinion surely they should have done the checks the same as you have on hpi thats what is that why we pay indemnity etc  

Yes I'll definitely chase with them on Monday. I just didn't know if there was a routine to follow with BCA or something, as it's obviously different to BCA Assured.

3 minutes ago, Axiom said:

Yes I'll definitely chase with them on Monday. I just didn't know if there was a routine to follow with BCA or something, as it's obviously different to BCA Assured.

Best way hope you get it sorted 

29 minutes ago, Casper said:

It's usually the vendors job to tell BCA what it is, unless its a wbac of course. 

You'll need written confirmation from the first owner clarifying the mileage. A discrepancy is a discrepancy / black mark against the car. You didn't buy into a mileage problem.... 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

It's usually the vendors job to tell BCA what it is, unless its a wbac of course. 

:)