Sign in to follow this  
RandomJord

Getting Cars From Auction to my Yard!

Right Chaps, I have to transport about 8-10 cars a week from Blackbushe to my yard which is only about 15 miles away in Sonning on the east of Reading, I'm not a fan of BCA's 'special rates' for card holders so i use a combo of me driving them along with a local chap with a single transporter, 4-5 runs on a saturday can take up a hella lot of time, and also if he gets a last minute job in it rather buggers the process!

So my question after all that rambling..is any hook ups for a big transporter that can move the lot in one go and not charge me £theearth + VAT for it? 

you have to cost the transport arrangements into your buying and selling, its a fixed cost so give your transporter driver a contract and arrange a price per car,this way he knows his earnings and hes got steady work,get them on a transporter and you lose the personal touch when the cars come damaged in transit as they will

personally why not just buy a car transporter yourself and 15 miles is easy to cover plus you can bring one back from the sales on the night usually if you wait round long enough so thats one done at no cost

Try this lot heard good things 

http://www.lanternrecovery.com/services/transportation/

• Like 1

personally why not just buy a car transporter yourself and 15 miles is easy to cover plus you can bring one back from the sales on the night usually if you wait round long enough so thats one done at no cost

Sold it last week, Bit of a pain in the arse to be honest trying to do it myself, a roundtrip from BB to my yard, and back again is 1hr 20 mins as the mileage is short but the routes a bugger! I usually have one or both of my kids with me too so its just added ball ache to spend a day in the van for them. I have the option of borrowing a trailer as the chap in the yard next to mine is a trailer hire business dude but when i've got x amount of cars in one place i'd just rather they got to me asap with minimal hassle, I just dont want to pay the earth for it (cake and eat it? :-)) then my local man can do the local private buy pick ups and that

Im sure you could find a large transporter who could move the lot in one hit for a reasonable price especially if its a regular contract.

Try movex then you can say what YOU want to pay and let someone take the job.

• Like 1