Sign in to follow this  
James Bush

Oh Great, just what I need on a rainy bank holiday

Its chucking it down with rain, I've made an appointment for 10am and my mobile starts ringing at 9......it's my customers and they decided they'd get up earlier so are waiting for me. Quick shower and off I go to meet them. Now lets just say they're a bit eccentric, mother, daughter and father all with pink hair and flowery dresses and shirts, and they're flitting from one car to the next and haven't paid any attention to what they've actually come to look at a very tidy C3 that I took in part exchange, more interested in the Mini, BMW, A3 all 4x 5x the price of the car they've come to view......by the way we're still stood outside and its pissing it down!! They finally have a seat in the C3, seem to like it and ask for a test drive. I drive it off site, stop up the road where I normally do to do a quick swap around, jump out of the car straight into the biggest pile of horse shit you've ever seen. I know I should of spotted it but the pink hair and loud shirts are somewhat distracting. I do the best to clean my shoe on the verge and off we go on a drive, there is a bit of a whiff and I make my apologies and in 20+ years in the motortrade I've finally made use of one of those paper mats that gets put in every car only to be found screwed up under the drivers seat. We get back from a bit of a kangaroo testdrive and they spend the next 15 minutes pretending they're mechanics - under the bonnet, tyre depth gauge out, giving the exhaust a tug (which dad soon finds out can get hot), pulling and tugging on the wheels and then give me the verdict - nah sorry mate its not what we're looking for!!!!!

• Like 1

what a shame on these cars you cant lose a finger in the camshaft hole as punter sticks their dabs in the oil filler hole with engine running to show you that mayonnaise is a sure sign the head gasket has gone as the wife tuts with arms folded and the daughter plays with her white phone