Sign in to follow this  
James Bush

Old Style V5

I'm buying a car of a private punter and he only has the old style V5, I'm selling the car onto another customer who was in at the weekend so need to tax it. Can I still tax it on old style V5 at the post office? Thanks

be wary car might have  log book loan on it which is why only old style log book available

be aware the identity number for taxing will also be wrong but post office might just tax and disc shows to old customer,i think it would need a new v62 filling in at the counter,not sure if you would have to pay the £25 but would be interested in the feedback as i have a car with old style only in stock too

Edited by s and b

Thanks. Yep old style blue V5. I'm bought it off an old guy who I think has probably just binned the new V5 when it arrived not knowing what it was.

Anyway took it to the post office and taxed it no issues, she seemed to do a lot of tapping on her computer so not sure if it will be the same for everybody because I have a real good post office who will bend the rules sometimes.

• Like 1

my post office used to bend over to help but since it got ponsified up out of all recognition and they chucked the glass partitions they seem to have lost the will to help, plus i very rarely go there anymore after dvla's last grief so i just let customers do their own tax now prior to pickup,a great idea is to give them the 12 digit reference number on their invoice, this way they can insure and tax online at their pleasure and turn up to collect car all legal like and if they cock you still have new keeper supplement