Sign in to follow this  
SC Derby

Cars in £500 tax bracket

I've just brought a Lexus IS 250 into stock and it falls into the £500 odd per annum tax bracket.

It doesn't worry me as it's still a cheapish way into a 'luxury' car?

Do you think it's changed now they can tax monthly, the amount is just another D/D every month, or should we still be a bit wary when bringing in the big petrol gas guzzlers from March 2006 onwards ??

We had a BMW 335i that fell into the high tax bracket and it took 55 days to sell,  it was a really tidy car, other 335is that we have had in usually went within a week but they fell into the lower bracket so we could only assume it was either the grey interior or the tax bracket.

certain cars fall into the high group but the buyers are not usually put off, we had a c63 amgand that went quick,only time will tell with the r8 we have at the minute. I guess it depends on the rrp, I personally wouldn't want to spend 5k on a car and then pay 10% of the purchase price on rfl. However I think people who set out to buy a Lexus are specifically looking for one and the tax wouldn't put them off.

Shame your is250 isn't an Auto as they all fall into £290 and not £490 and its far superior to the Manual in any respect ! Lovely cars though