Hello all. 

I thought it about time I introduced myself as I have been lurking around on the forum for several weeks now and I have decided to take the plunge as a full time dealer.  I have to say that this forum has a wealth of information to help you get started and I would like to thank you all for sharing your expertise so generously!

I have sold a few cars in the past as a side line and a hobby but I was recently made redundant so I need something to keep me busy.  I've always be interested in cars and because I've had several Lotus and kit cars I'm pretty handy with the tool box!  

Initially I'm going to start off trading from home and try and grow my business from there without taking major financial risks.  So probably building up to trading six cars over the next six months or so.  I have my trade insurance sorted and my trade plates came today. Paygo account with AT and free account with CG set up.  Also planning to use FaceBook Groups to advertise as it relatively easy and quick to do.  Purchased my first car from a recent Aston Barclay auction and did the valet myself!  Already up for sale!  Going to try and stick with VAG cars initially as I'm familiar with them and I have VCDS to diagnose issues and problems.

It's been a steep learning curve but I'm really enjoying it so far.  Some of the things I wanted to do have taken a bit longer than expected!  Had to learn about configuring additional email addresses and 0333 phone numbers for my business.  Creating logos for business cards, FaceBook pages and photo banners has taken quite a while as I'm not a graphic designer!  And I spent yesterday learning how to create, edit and voiceover movies so I could use them as a marketing tool.  Here's an example - let me know what you think:  

I'm looking forward to being able to contribute to the forum and again thanks guys for giving me the confidence to have a go!

Kind regards

Scrawf

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, love the video voice over very good location is poor half on a curb half off.

6 minutes ago, JDM1983 said:

Spot on, has given me some inspiration! 

Really glad to hear it.  It's not that hard really!  If you are going to use iMovie have a look at this tutorial: