Sign in to follow this  
whitestone679231

AMERICAN EXPRESS

This is a new one to me, sold a car 9/7/15 and customer paid on American Express using chip and pin, on 23/07 I received a letter off American Express from the "customer review team"  saying that they needed to see a copy of the terminal receipt and customer invoice and in full compliance to the terms and conditions they would withhold payment until they receive these and the review is completed, I e-mailed and faxed both of these and then telephoned them to ask if there was a problem, the chap I spoke to "Peter" with an Indian accent said that they sometimes choose transactions at random and "review" them and that it could take up to 10 working days!!!! I then telephoned my customer just for chance she had raised a query with American Express but she said she hadnt and that they had debited her account of the money. The money is still not in my bank I spoke to worldpay my merchant provider who were very helpful but said basically that AMEX are a law unto themselves and do as they please, at that I told them to remove American Express as a card that I accept. I telephoned "PETER" at AMEX this morning to see when I would be paid as it is 25 days since the sale not the 10 working days but he was totally unhelpful, Has anyone had an experience like this??

I don't use AMEX at all - costs are too high !  Hope you get it resolved quickly ! not good for cash flow for you.

yes fortunately the balance was not huge and I charged the customer a credit card fee but the implications if it was a very large balance could be crippling, having googled it there are some business,s that this has happened to that are owed hundreds of thousands of pounds.... no wonder very few people accept AMEX