Sign in to follow this  
Stalker

BCA Assured

Ive got nowhere with BCA on a Mondeo I bought online last month. Bought out of BCA Manchester, Ex Fleet Mondeo 1.6 TDCI 64 Plate with 60k on.

Assured report stated coolant level "requires attention" in red.

Car turns up, very little coolant in bottle however the bottle is JET Black inside from contamination!

Looked at the report and the Oil / Coolant Contamination part stated "None Visible"

So went through the new procedure with BCA an filled out the online form, added photos etc.

Got the usual fob off emails, and now i have asked them for a full and final decision.

They are hiding behind the fact that the coolant level was already highlighted as an issue, and it is their opinion that this must have manifested since the report was carried out therefore we cannot make a claim!

The car hasn't done a mile since its inspection, its clearly been missed by the assessor on the day.

So, do we fix it ourselves and claim, or get a third party to fix it and make a claim?

There is a difference between low coolant (water pump/radiator leak) and then head gasket failure before anyone comments on buying a car with coolant issues. I wouldn't have bought it blind with a contamination problem too.

Was it BIN or bidding against hall?

Did you nick it?

Vendor, grade?

Belle Vue... uck.. in person if I must... :rolleyes:

Last time I had an assured headache, they did cough (£900) but only after I had a qoute and agreed the work in writing. The fault I had (electric tailgate) was not present on the assured report, luckily! :ph34r:

51 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

Did you nick it?

Vendor, grade?

Last time I had an assured headache, they did cough (£900) but only after I had a qoute and agreed the work in writing. The fault I had (electric tailgate) was not present on the assured report, luckily! :ph34r:

Does bin or hall bidding make a difference? 

I've just bought an Mx5 that's had oil starvation, engine wrecked. Not assured but bca saying not their issue as sold as seen. 

However it was a buy it now, sold for cap clean, and reading the t&c's for buying now point 7 states that if the car differs substantially from as described then bca are liable.

Got bounced around yesterday being told sold as seen and not assured so f. Off. 

No money in it with a lunched engine and the other prep it needs so I want them to take it back. 

Id be interested to know if the fact it was a buy it now makes a difference legally, just as it would if we sold it on ebay as a buy it now or straight auction. 

Either way, very badly described in an attempt to sell shite at an inflated price. 

52 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

It was a physical auction - bidding against the hall

53 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

Did you nick it?

Not particularly, slightly behind cap.

54 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

Vendor, grade?

It was Lex Autolease - Grade 4 (Its actually quite a good Manchester grade 4 - Grade 3 is usually scrap!)

56 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

I know, the previous Mondeo from them, got lifted within 2 hours of the sale, and all of the wheel trims had been pinched! Doesnt sound like much, but still its the principle.

Buy Now are the shitters that didn't sell , they advertise everything at CAP money on that part of the site , stay away , stay away from buy it now cos its broke dont sell sale at all auctions , Be lucky if they take that back in my mind .

2 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

9 minutes ago, Linctrader said:

I've just bought an Mx5 that's had oil starvation, engine wrecked. Not assured but bca saying not their issue as sold as seen. 

However it was a buy it now, sold for cap clean, and reading the t&c's for buying now point 7 states that if the car differs substantially from as described then bca are liable.

No money in it with a lunched engine and the other prep it needs so I want them to take it back. 

Id be interested to know if the fact it was a buy it now makes a difference legally, just as it would if we sold it on ebay as a buy it now or straight auction. 

Either way, very badly described in an attempt to sell shite at an inflated price. 

Edited by David Horgan

29 minutes ago, Linctrader said:

Technically a vendor cannot use and hide behind the 'sold as seen' disclaimer as a way of not disclosing a known fault. Its mirepresentation. If the car has been entered by the trade/lease co then it would have been appraised at some point. They cannot say that they were not aware of a fault especially if its serious. Admiting that they were unaware of a fault shows negligence on their part, especially when a fault could be a serious safety related issue. Bca will either fob you off, but sometimes may speak to the vendor on your behalf. But usually its the vendor you have to go after, I usually start with the last owner for information and work backwards.

Btw Bin (and provisionals I think) fall outside of the auction rules and the fall of the hammer etc. I think it becomes just a contract between vendor and Buyer.

Also, when I entered a couple of bits of shit in Bca last year, they had a manual stamp for the entry form asking if we were aware of any known faults with the cars, even though we were selling them 'sold as seen'. I did ask what the significance of the declaration was for, and they just said ita new new thing theyre doing now.

Edited by Tony F

bca assured is no benefit, i bought a focus 1.0 zetec 2014, 61k warranted,gd3,2 panels previous, it arrived in northern ireland with everything bar roof painted,and mechanically low on coolant, more or less told me to f*** off when i put in a complaint. had tp repaint 2 sides, steering rack,turbo,vacuum pump and the list goes on, £2000 spent on it to leave it ready for sale

I have always struggled a bit with fords always seem to be more prep than anticipated and struggled to get a decent margin across them, unless its something i have taken in part exchange myself, yet watch them make decent money at the block again and again so properly just me. 

17 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Buy Now are the shitters that didn't sell , they advertise everything at CAP money on that part of the site , stay away , stay away from buy it now cos its broke dont sell sale at all auctions , Be lucky if they take that back in my mind .

18 hours ago, Area 51 said:

Not in every case David, and quite honestly, these were cars that were run across the block first where prices are routinely bounced off the wall to take it to cap clean and beyond. 

I've done ok out of Bin but at the moment this and another from Man heim giving me grief due to non disclosure of airbag warning lights and dangerously low brake fluid warnings/very soft pedal, yet they sent a driver out with it regardless on a 200 mile trek to get to me. Bin also but being told no mechanical warranty so sold as seen. 

I'm not expecting any warranty but serious faults like an engine lunching itself and a car with faulty brakes/airbags should not just been sent down the road undeclared at cap clean prices with a 'tough shit it's sold as seen' stance- do they want return business?

Edited by Linctrader