Sign in to follow this  
Tony911

Insurance claim what to do

Hi all, had a call from the trade insurance yesterday stating a vehicle which was on our policy was involved in a accident can we please provide proof of sale and supplied us details of accident and vehicle involved. Looked up the reg and we did sell this car on the 13/1/2019 and paid via bank transfer. The problem is the accident happened on the 8/1/2019 at a nursing home in Blackburn which is a good 2 hours drive from where we are and about 3 hours away from the customer who purchased it 5 days after the alleged incident. We never drive stock cars only to valeters, garages or test drives. Guessing they have got something messed up here but in worse case sinario how I can we prove the car was parked up? Any advise before calling up the insurance company on Monday morning as worried this claim could be put against us

hi tony

provide all the information possible

add that the car has never been anywhere near the accident address whilst in your care and so is a case of wrong reg or cloned plates,be willing to sign an affidavit to this effect and also ask your broker if they wish you to report to the police this non accident

i had this maybe 10 years ago some guys came up from the smoke bought a car off me and i got the same letter for another car i had for sale at the time,my broker took all the details and sorted it for me,i also have legal protection on this policy and if you have this too i would suggest you sound them out too

best thing is you have a paper trail