Sign in to follow this  
GentlemanJames

Selling through BCA PX Disposal

2 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Ok therefore bca are in breach of this with just about 50 percent of the stuff they sell then? Laws are a great thing but whether it would stand up in court is another thing. Police round here cant even make a speeding find stand up in court most times.

BCA are agents acting for the vendor,any liability rests with the vendor.

I gave up putting stuff in auctions years ago.
I sell trade in bangers on gumtree when I need to. Ring your local trading standards officer (always good to be on speaking terms with them and get to know them!) they'll give you pointers. It's not illegal.

But "sold as seen" and "trade sale" is very dodgy territory and means nothing.  Sold for "spares or repairs only" with known faults listed on the advert and receipt is legit. I print a copy of the advert and receipt and buyer signs both. But I still pdi it on the ramp believe it or not!
Because yes as Dave said you're 100% liable if it's unroadworthy so I try to sell anything in the unroadworthy category to a known trader only. Or I state not roadworthy and honestly don't let them drive it away. (Even phone a recovery company for them if I need to!).  If I let them drive it away it someone could be killed on his way home or even just stopped by traffic cops would come back to me.