Sign in to follow this  
XFS

Making a Comeback

I’ve been in and around the trade for...well to many years...since well before the internet anyway. My first mobile phone cost me £300 with £30 per month line rental and 50p per minute for calls...that’s how long.

Anyway, I sold all my stock, and I’ve been bumming around Europe for a couple of years, but it looks like Brexit is going to make that sort of life harder and I’m getting bored anyway.

I,m looking to start trading again in May. 

What has changed in 2 years? The main petrol cars I did well with are getting a bit long in the tooth. Alfa Spider, Alfa Brera, Audi TT Mk 1, and the others are in a higher price/insurance range than I want to get into ie. Jag XKR, Audi S, RS range.

Other than the above I did nearly all diesel. Audi’s, BMW, Jaguar XF...usually the performance versions. I love Jags, but would never have dreamed of buying a petrol XF. As my user name suggests my favourite is the XFS. Great blend of performance and economy and always turned me a great decent profit and minimal comebacks. Always attracted the right type of customer to. 

So, do diesels still sell? When does it all go tits up for diesel’s. How about Hybred’s do they do ok? Is there a market for Audi A4/ A5/A6 Jags, BMW 5 series with Petrol engines?