Sign in to follow this  
Nick M.K.

Autotrader infuriating Retail Description text box

So having come back from a couple of nice breaks and completed a couple of sales to waiting customers I fire up my Dealer Portal and look at some of the new changes they made. 

Some of them make sense, the look is a bit more modern but the new Retail Description text box is so small that I can only see 3-4 lines on my screen and have to constantly scroll up and down the page to see if I have some text or is it missing. 

Could they not include a simple button to make that text box expand to full size?

Also they seem to have blocked the upload of the same image file twice. Can someone try and upload THE SAME photo on an ad and tell me is it me or is it them? I am used to publishing a couple of my finance banners more than once.

Edited by Nick M.K.

Hi Nick,

If its this box you are refering to, then you can click the corner with the mouse and enlarge it.

Tony

retail description.PNG

Many thanks! I thought I should be able to. Should've started this thread before I typed up three ads...

Tony, having looked at it again you seem to still have the older style Dealer Portal. Was there a way to keep it instead of switching to new style?

Screenshot 2019-02-16 at 11.49.18

Mine hasn't changed yet. Maybe they are going through everyone bit by bit. I am dreading the change in case it affects and deletes the list of extras I have built up in the pre populated menu. This happened once before with a/t a couple of years back.

Was there a way to keep it instead of switching to new style?

Wish there was/is?

I detest the new portal. Why have they buggered around with it! My issues are as follows:

1. can't seem to load a car from valuation page anymore. This was imo the superior and easier way to load cars

2.No longer able to see all the text wording in the ad. I used this to copy and paste to our own website. Luckily new website is under construction so won't be an issue for much longer

3. This is the most serious problem SALES FLYERS. The new ones are shite. Small and feint text. Customers can't read them through the screens. They were very useful laying on the dash

I've emailed my account manager about the sales flyer. It's not acceptable!