Paul5

HPI checks

Hi again all

So it seems the search function isn't working for me so I will apologies in advance as I have no doubt this is probably the most asked question on this site. 

Where to get my HPI checks done please, looking at probably 100 at the very maximum over a year, only if things take off though! 

Thanks again

Paul 

Don’t have a system setup, never have. I HPI some part ex’s and pay the £3-£5.

Remember, overheads kill most businesses.

1 minute ago, Mojo121 said:

Don’t have a system setup, never have. I HPI some part ex’s and pay the £3-£5.

Remember, overheads kill most businesses.

Thanks, £3 sounds good to me. Just googled and seen some for £1.99 even, not sure if they're trusted though! 

Check the level of detail provided on the cheap ones, weasel words are hidden in the cheap offers! Always check a V5 against the vehicle, owners address and ASK for ID.. HPI is not fool proof.. Plenty of billies want your money and dont care what the say to get it

Thanks Area 51, all sounds like good advice. 

Can anyone recommend a good reputable company to use for the them please? 

24 minutes ago, Paul5 said:

Thanks Area 51, all sounds like good advice. 

Can anyone recommend a good reputable company to use for the them please? 

Cazana

Motor Check

Total Car Check or even

HPI themselves

• Like 1

Thanks Mark. PS: I would like your posts but I seem to have lost that function, as well as emoticons (insert laughing emoticon here)

2 hours ago, Area 51 said:

. HPI is not fool proof.. 

Absolutely ! Bought a car couple of weeks ago, customer had already told me there was finance on it-  HPI no record - All clear, Hitachi Finance not registered interest on the vehicle so ask as well and hopefully you'll have a purchase invoice which the customer also signs to state such. 

Thanks Umesh, just about to ask if anyone has any pro-forma purchase & sales invoices and T&C's

3 hours ago, umesh said:

Absolutely ! Bought a car couple of weeks ago, customer had already told me there was finance on it-  HPI no record - All clear, Hitachi Finance not registered interest on the vehicle so ask as well and hopefully you'll have a purchase invoice which the customer also signs to state such. 

Hitachi do more personal loans than secured so may explain your issue there if the customer was confused about the product they had signed for, we get a a few folk in who say the car has finance but it turns out it was unsecured but they just presume as its a loan for the car it's recorded against it.  

OP - We use Motor Check https://www.motorcheck.co.uk/