Sign in to follow this  
Mikey360

Critique my ads!

4 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Maybe consider an introduction and conclusion. Hope that helps

nooooooooooooooooooo not more applausi advertisers:lol:

8 hours ago, Mark101 said:

You wouldn’t have forgotten for long because the second words out of punters mouths is always “has the cambelt been done.”  The first question being, “what’s your best price.”

:D speaking from experience there!

7 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Mikey, well in my book your adverts are a good 8 out of 10. I agree the location looks like you’ve dumped a body somewhere, but the choice of pictures and quality are good. Your photos need to be consistent, same background time and time again and not in direct sunlight. 

Ive watched your video and you come across as a well spoken genuine guy, definitely start doing a walk around video showing the warts and positives. Show the history in the video because it really sells cars. Maybe consider an introduction and conclusion. Hope that helps

Thankyou! I think what I'm going to start doing is some tour videos for more standard cars (Mondeos, golfs etc) as they attract the sort of buyer that will appriciate that! I'll save the current style of advert for more uniqe cars like M sports, S lines etc

7 hours ago, BHM said:

+1. I only watched the A3 video & my comments are forget the Audi-style advertising flannel and actually tell punters something about that specific car. You should be pointing out good & bad points - yours sounded like a manufacturers advert for a new car when in truth it’s an end of life product.

You shoot an excellent video though, however it’s style over substance here I feel (although many will disagree with me & it’s not a market I sell to).

Thankyou BHM! See above response ^

5 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

But the Audi A3 as a product (irrespective of age) is all about style over substance and I think this video format makes this ad stand out compared to the typical walkaround used car video (including my own). 

Remember that the person that will buy it will not see it as end of life and it’s good that the video steers them away from that thought. 

Exactly my thinking, yes the Audi is 13 years old and isn't perfect, if the video clearly states that might be doing myself out of a viewing. Obviously the in person sales pitch would be VERY clear about the car to promote confidence and clarity.

I reckon you could earn more money doing voice over work - you have an excellent broadcasting voice.

27 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I reckon you could earn more money doing voice over work - you have an excellent broadcasting voice.

:D thankyou Mark, never even considered it! 

30 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

thankyou Mark, never even considered it! 

I agree, consider starting a youtube channel at least. 

Once you deal in cars you will have lots of content topics. What to look, how to buy, how to sell, how to prepare an advert, how to negotiate (or NOT) with a dealer, what to ask, what not to ask etc etc etc :-)

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I agree, consider starting a youtube channel at least. 

Once you deal in cars you will have lots of content topics. What to look, how to buy, how to sell, how to prepare an advert, how to negotiate (or NOT) with a dealer, what to ask, what not to ask etc etc etc :-)

My first video will be "how not to talk to a car dealer" :lol: I'm sure it'll be over 30 mins long! 

Thanks for the encouragement on the video side of things, might have a sit down and a drink and see if I can make it a viable side line 

34 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

:D thankyou Mark, never even considered it! 

See you're one of the lucky people with no accent, my better half is the same.  Whereas I have a black country twang, not strong but it is there.  AD has a West Country accent (an accent I really like by the way), EPV is always climbing up apples and pears and I haven't spoken to Nick in person and his videos have no voice over.

I am considering sending you raw footage of my cars and getting you to voice them for me. ;)

Not strong? Leave it out you’re one postcode away from a yam yam 

1 minute ago, Mark101 said:

See you're one of the lucky people with no accent, my better half is the same.  Whereas I have a black country twang, not strong but it is there.  AD has a West Country accent (an accent I really like by the way), EPV is always climbing up apples and pears and I haven't spoken to Nick in person and his videos have no voice over.

I am considering sending you raw footage of my cars and getting you to voice them for me. ;)

:D I was lucky enough to be born in the most neutral accent area in England! The east Midlands!

If you do want me to have a look Mark, drop me a pm and I'll see what I can do!

Just now, Mikey360 said:

:D I was lucky enough to be born in the most neutral accent area in England! The east Midlands!

What about aye up duck?

Just now, Mikey360 said:

If you do want me to have a look Mark, drop me a pm and I'll see what I can do!

Next car I film, I will try that - send you a spec of the car and you can waffle on in your broadcasting voice - could be interesting.

8 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

What about aye up duck?

Next car I film, I will try that - send you a spec of the car and you can waffle on in your broadcasting voice - could be interesting.

Bloody hate being called duck! Mostly for common folk round here ;) 

Sure thing, just let me know when!

On 23/01/2019 at 7:38 PM, Mikey360 said:

Evening all, seeing as the phone hasn't rung in a few weeks, I was hoping for some feedback on my adverts. 

Seriously, hit me with everything you've got, all criticisms welcome! I'd really appreciate any help you guys can give me!

I've only got 3 proper ads up and 2 are due in any day now. (I've taken one down (2008 Mondeo estate 2.2 Titanium X, 70k) as its had to go into the garage for some minor repairs and the body work man is coming tomorrow to tart it up so will need fresh photos)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/dealers/cambridgeshire/peterborough/the-automotive-approach-ltd-10015602

The mini (and unadvertised mondeo) have been in since late November, BMW and Audi have been advertised since early Jan now with no enquiries what so ever

Hi Mikey, I think you done very very well 10/10. Didn’t someone from here mentioned quiet with 80+ stocks. You have 4 is January just ride the wave. I love your awesome video.

5 minutes ago, DPF said:

Hi Mikey, I think you done very very well 10/10. Didn’t someone from here mentioned quiet with 80+ stocks. You have 4 is January just ride the wave. I love your awesome video.

Thankyou buddy!

3 minutes ago, Jack Regan said:

Audi & BMW 2.0 petrol 3 doors , that's why they ain't selling .

Yeah I realised that, should have gotten diesels! Although I thought the Audi would be in the "hot hatch" market being a turbo petrol?

2 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

Yeah I realised that, should have gotten diesels! Although I thought the Audi would be in the "hot hatch" market being a turbo petrol?

They all go in the end .

2 hours ago, Mikey360 said:

If I could buy 3 door 2009-2011 black edition A3  2.0 TFSI’s Black I could sell 20 a month. They fly out and people travel from all over for them. 

I can see why a 3 door Audi SE with 16” alloys would be a tough sell though.