Sign in to follow this  
MrV

Auction 4 cars "release code"

2 minutes ago, MrV said:

Thankyou sir, It's ridiculous really that I'm celebrating finally making good money on one car :P

Don’t count your chickens yet mate. Selling to friends and family can be (and is often) a drama.

‘That Car you sold me two years ag.....’

Remember: ‘no good deed goes unpunished Terry!’

Make sure you prepare it over and above.

For me, bigger cars are the way to go. Little cars are hard to sell and especially with a margin. 

3 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Don’t count your chickens yet mate. Selling to friends and family can be (and is often) a drama.

‘That Car you sold me two years ag.....’

Remember: ‘no good deed goes unpunished Terry!’

Make sure you prepare it over and above.

For me, bigger cars are the way to go. Little cars are hard to sell and especially with a margin. 

Amen.

I hereby declare to never touch a vauxhall corsa ever again, give me dog hair ridden smokers stained diesel estates any day 

11 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Really? I’m having it off at the moment with small cars - I have sold one this year :rolleyes:

Edit: re read this and not sure my sarcasm comes through.  I’m full of small shit and the world has ended ever since.

Edited by Mark101

37 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Really? I’m having it off at the moment with small cars - I have sold one this year :rolleyes:

Edit: re read this and not sure my sarcasm comes through.  I’m full of small shit and the world has ended ever since.

They all sell eventually ate.  We live & learn.

I do OK with small, five door autos, but we're in 'old people central here in the New Forest) so that explains it. 

I know 'Just Looking' does OK with small cars (including manual ones I think) though- and he's not far from us.  Weird game we're in. I can never hold on to a half sensible profit with them and the punters on them annoy me more than usual. Especially people buying them for their 'little darlings'.

edit: (mate, not ate. Are we ever going to get a fix for lack of like and edit button!)

41 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

They all sell eventually ate.  We live & learn.

I do OK with small, five door autos, but we're in 'old people central here in the New Forest) so that explains it. 

I know 'Just Looking' does OK with small cars (including manual ones I think) though- and he's not far from us.  Weird game we're in. I can never hold on to a half sensible profit with them and the punters on them annoy me more than usual. Especially people buying them for their 'little darlings'.

edit: (mate, not ate. Are we ever going to get a fix for lack of like and edit button!)

I've made more off this one estate than my last 2 corsas, it's a real eye opener for me, I know you guys have been telling me to sack off small cars but until you experiment you just never know. I look at my locale, Lancaster is the biggest nearest city, big open area, popular with walkers and short breakers, long windy roads and a mix of low income to high earners, no wonder I struggled with small cars

Wait for your first deal with £3K retail margin, ££££ finance comission or £2K profit on the part exchange, all in the space of a week. Will make you sick every time you smell the inside of an old Corsa. 

51 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Wait for your first deal with £3K retail margin, ££££ finance comission or £2K profit on the part exchange, all in the space of a week. Will make you sick every time you smell the inside of an old Corsa. 

I can only dream