jimreidvehicle

So who's not using Facebook to it's full potential?

Now I know there are LOADS of sceptics out there but let me tell you something for nothing, we ARE selling cars via Facebook!

It's not been an overnight thing, it's been a carefully constructed strategy, hard work and persistence, but let me tell you, it's now FUN, EASY to carry out and it's now paying OFF!

Yesterday (Saturday) I sold a GTD Golf at £14999 from a post on our Facebook page after many Direct Messages with a follower (who had never dealt with us before ) and a Subaru WRX at £28499 which we posted on FB a few weeks back with a GoPro video Road Test by myself again to a brand new customer to us! Not bad for two £13 promoted posts! Certainly much cheaper than AutoTrader. 

But before you all start logging onto FB to post a few quick adverts, you really need get your strategy right!

One of the problems you encounter is the fact that Facebook, like Google continue to move the goal posts so you need someone on your side who knows where to move the goals posts to and that is where we have been lucky BUT you can be too because I have convinced our "goal post shifter' and 'Digital Guru' to share these secrets. It has taken us over 3 years for to get the results we are having now from FB but our man "Neil Weightman' of Neil Weightman Digital Solutions is about to packet and launch what he has taught us so YOU can get those results sooner.

Neil is going to launch his 'Facebook for the Forecourt' Package at this years Car Dealer Conference, so if you ever needed a reason to go this is it!

• Like 2

I'm 100% with you Jim, I haven't posted on here for a while but this thread definitely requires a response!

I've scaled my AT advertising right down (to the point of it being cancelled imminently) due to the response I'm getting on Facebook. I totally agree with what you say about people just posting a few statuses, I've been watching dealers 'do Facebook' recently and its certainly a lot more than a couple of pictures every couple of days...

An interesting topic and it'll be interesting to see how this thread pans out..

• Like 1

I'm currently in the process of switching my website provider and as part of my new whistle and bells package it comes with the ability to upload adverts on facebook. It goes against my better wishes but having been tracking a number of dealers  (including Uncle Jim), I guess it's a case of if you can't beat them, join them, although I may need to get a shave!!

Edit. There is a dealer on facebook who I've been following for a year now who has a pitch that holds about 40 cars (nothing fancy) and used to advertise on AT, until this morning I presumed they still did. Their facebook stats are amazing, over 77000 likes so as you do, just done a quick search and can't see them advertising anywhere else online, certainly not with any of the major players. Their stock profile has improved and judging by the amount of news cars they list on facebook, are doing the business. I'm amazed by this, thoughts anyone?

Edited by sparky
  • Like 1

I think most of us have been thinking facebook is for kids , but its amazing looking at the results that I hear about about ! 

a lot cheaper than any other platform , as Jim has said its not just about blasting stock on there its about cleaver marketing of the stock and targeting ! 

• Like 1