Sign in to follow this  
jimreidvehicle

It's still tough out there!

The crash of household name Car Craft only highlights the fact that things are still very TOUGH out there in the motortrade despite what the MotorTrade press say! 

We have just survived one of the hardest quarters since we started in business 12 years ago, but against all odds April has been the best month this year. Just goes to show you can only ever try to predict sales! 

One of the reasons for starting up Twitter Car Dealer Forum http://twittercardealers.ning.com all those years back was to help communicate what was happening at the sharp end of the business, to help discuss those daily challenges and to help each other save money on costs and help achieve more profit.

With footfall down and costs ever increasing it seems that we are never advertising in the correct places or buying stock at the right price, in fact most of the time it feels we are doing things completely wrong, however the reality is , we are all most likely doing the job right, but from time to time we need to be reminded of and encouraged to do things differently. We ALL need help at some point.

There is not a week goes past that I talk to at least 2 or 3 dealers from our forum about issues they are experiencing, to run an idea past me or just for a general chat. This all helps.

So if you are happy to help others just by receiving a phone call, please post your telephone number as a reply to this thread.

Let's help each other :-)

Kind regards

Jim 

• Like 2

Great sentiment there Jim, i agree we all need to support each other.

We're happy to help support you in any way we can, if you need some space to get a few like minded dealers together at conference, let us know.

• Like 2

For those who haven't joined http://twittercardealers.ning.com/ You guys are missing out ( This forum is great - both combined ) makes it AWESOME !

Everyone wants to help each other .. just wish these forums were about when I started , both great places for information, connections , banter , fun etc.

• Like 1