Sign in to follow this  
MattR

FCA application

Hi All

I know a few have you have taken the finance plunge over the last few weeks and I'm now looking to do the same. I've been trading for 6 years with cash/debit card/ bank transfer transactions only (and the very occasional Zuto Customer) but its becoming very clear I'm missing out on an ever increasing part of the market. 

I had always been concerned about time wasted with people who would get declined and any other negatives there are to do with finance customers but I think the rewards will more than offset these negatives. I've plenty of experience dealing with it in the past too as I worked in main dealers for 13 years before becoming self employed.

The Fca website does make it look a little daunting, are things like the business plan difficult to complete? Any ideas about other bits which may make the application time consuming?

Any assistance appreciated!

I got my close bros rep to help me with the application. You could do the same if you called them and asked for their help in exchange for putting all your business through them. 

Thanks James. Have Close been as good as their website makes them out to be?

20 minutes ago, MattR said:

Thanks James. Have Close been as good as their website makes them out to be?

Their interface is easy to use once explained, their payout (cheque) is prompt enough, I have a good rep who likes a joke, can't fault them.

1 hour ago, MattR said:

Have Close been as good as their website makes them out to be?

I'll share my personal experience here from 2014. Close sent a rep who did the application with me a couple of days after my initial call to them. 

MotoNovo NEVER called me back

Same for Blackhorse

BLUE were just starting up and weren't well known

Northridge said they couldn't work with me until I had an FCA FRN number, after I contacted them a year later with FCA number they said they couldn't work with me because of the small size of my business. 

Santander, Barclays and Hitachi Capital all wanted bigger businesses, fair enough.

First response don’t wanna know me until i’vs been trading for 2 years! 

@First Response, why not get in touch with our dealer award-nominee (possible winner this year) EPV and set him up? He will get you all drinks at the CD gala night. 

1 hour ago, EPV said:

First response don’t wanna know me until i’vs been trading for 2 years! 

To be fair, isn't that a good thing?  If only others were more selective. 

Hi Matt,

We used Close to help us too... Our area rep changed recently but I'll bet the new one is just as helpful. Rep is now Nina,

I'll ask Katie to give you a call on  your Garage number in the morning and she'll give you Nina's details so you can get in touch.

Tim