Auto Evo

Complaint - customer demand return car

13 hours ago, Area 51 said:

+1  Dave

Can I just add.. "All I'm sayin is I'd far rather be the one to find the dodgy "ANYTHING" before I sell the car than the billy, who drives it to destruction and costs me an engine.

All customers act F8ckin stoopid once there is a problem; a few carefully chosen questions might extract the truth and circumstances, however many are getting more savvi when it comes to the game of complaining.. bloody UK national pastime.. Best, as above, DALPO (do all possible) to identify problems and fix em.. always buy expecting your arse to be exposed.. when it aint.. its a good day all round...  

Absolutely 100% , Couldn't agree more.

Part of the reason I don't get many comebacks is because there is always something needs fetching from Inverness, (120 mile round trip from me), so apart from my PDI, 90% of my Cars do that trip before getting sold .....................

I always look at each Car with the question "Would I be happy for my Kids / GF to drive it from here to Kent and back ??" and if the answer is yes then it is ready for sale ;)

I don't sell the Volume some guys do, 6 a month, so it works for me, I know it's not practical for guys down south, jeez it would probably take you a week to drive just one Car 120 miles with all the traffic ;) 

Fact is though, with my situation, a trip to IV, a trip to Kyle for MOT Test, and a run to the Take Away / Shops and they have all done around 200 miles before I sell 'em ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

Absolutely 100% , Couldn't agree more.

Part of the reason I don't get many comebacks is because there is always something needs fetching from Inverness, (120 mile round trip from me), so apart from my PDI, 90% of my Cars do that trip before getting sold .....................

I always look at each Car with the question "Would I be happy for my Kids / GF to drive it from here to Kent and back ??" and if the answer is yes then it is ready for sale ;)

I don't sell the Volume some guys do, 6 a month, so it works for me, I know it's not practical for guys down south, jeez it would probably take you a week to drive just one Car 120 miles with all the traffic ;) 

Fact is though, with my situation, a trip to IV, a trip to Kyle for MOT Test, and a run to the Take Away / Shops and they have all done around 200 miles before I sell 'em ;)

Agree Dave, I also try to do at least 100miles in anything so I can see if its carrying any defects... Simples.... Also everything is working as it should.. lets me discuss the vehicle and demo with confidence with any Billy.. But, and there is always a BUT.. its mechanical.. so it can break once its out of sight.. thing is, DALPO (do all possible) to ensure its up to the job and more (as you rightly say, would you let your  loved ones use/travel in it) before its saleable.. cant do anymore..

It you hear about it again, investigate investigate investigate.. and then do the right thing and move on!.. Even new off a dealership forecourt breaks! 

Exactly, couldn't agree more, couldn't have put it better ;)