Sign in to follow this  
Pip

German cars

I've always liked buying Bmw, vw and Mercedes and done very well with them over the years. I had a gearbox go on a Merc once and had a couple of bmw's with oil leaks and that's as bad as it's ever been. Vw's i have had some good ones but recently everytime I have a vw in it has some sort of dash light on. It's usually  abs. Sometimes air bag or eml.

Reading this foram has really put me off German cars. Are the mercs and bmw's really that bad? I know vw are. I havn't dealt in this sort of stock  for a few years I have been leaning more towards anything Japanese. 

I have so much faith in Toyota and especially Honda. Never get a comeback. I use to do countless Vauxhalls without problems but even they are with their problems now. 

I'm sure cars years ago were so much more reliable. I suppose it's because modern cars have so much more on them nowadays. 

Bring back the good old days 

Yup. Used to be great but from about the turn of the century they’re crap. The longer you do the job the more you realise they are dreadful things as you write the cheques for the doom  

I avoid all German and diesel where possible and especially auto diesel German. Have done for years now and, as you say, the comebacks are now negligible. 

Speak to any of the mechanics and sparkys we use and they all agree. 

Vauxhall is crap too but I’d still prefer them over the German junk. 

Still good sellers, some models have issues the same can be said about anything just have to buy right.