Joao

Car auction

I'm new to chat rooms. I have been reading great advice on this chat room from every one. I'm a family man working as a security guard. I want to get back into this business to start bringing some extra cash home.I do know about machenics. I have in the past got cars from auctions, and got double my profit in the past but I also maid mistakes and lost some money. I wanted to know if anyone here uses auctions like ASM and what is the best way to buy cars to avoid getting stuck with lemons. 

Welcome, and if you find out-let us know!

Theres plenty of threads on newbie topics. Best just look through them. 

I always advise buying privately to start,  but I’m not sure anybody listens. :o)

I'd avoid auctions too. Buy privately to start and ensure you get the logbook and they send the green slip. 

Buying lemons can be a part of the game, especially if you're only spending a few grand on a car. Later, low mileage and the risk generally reduces. 

On 09/10/2018 at 4:08 PM, Joao said:

.I do know about machenics. 

Is that an oxymoron? :lol:

Sorry Joao, couldn't resist.

If you are mechanically trained then you are probably in a better position than a lot of us to appraise a car at auction.  For me, it is gut instinct, no obvious noises, service history and general condition of the car.  Good luck and welcome.

Having been to BCA numerous times in the past month or so I would agree that things don't seem to go cheap or for bargain prices but you do get the odd one, plus you have the advantage of if the work needs doing you can do it yourself.

Definitely not going against advice of others here as they are far more experienced than me, this is just my experience over recent time. 

I am not convinced there are particularly cheap cars at auction these days, you pays your monies and take your chances and if you get to look at them your time is very limited. 

Can't remember the last time I lifted a bonnet on a car at the auction, if it gets me home without breaking down I take that as a win.

i think this is my form of gambling .

We stay away from car auctions as my partner is a mechanic so he wants to check them as much as he can most private sellers try to hide issues or lie to get you down but we just try get them as low as possible. 

Surely you have to buy lemons if you want to make lemonade? 

Many, many cars at auction are cars that broke down before the loan was paid off, so people traded them in to dealers who then turned around and sent it to auction because the car is so broken that they'd never turn a profit by fixing it and selling it on their lot. They give the owner $500 to give them something for their dead car, roll the rest of the remaining loan into the new one, then turn around and probably make $500 when the car sells for $1,000 at auction. What you see is a car that is worth $5,000, but you don't know anything about the mechanical condition of the car, so you think you're getting a deal at $1,000 when in actuality you need to invest $3,000 in a motor rebuild before it's drivable again. And, since this is your only transportation, you're going to have to find a way around while you save up your pennies.

Another thing: If you go to buy a used car from a dealer, auction sales on the Car Fax are a huge red flag and you should walk away. The dealer will insist that this is normal. The fact that they bought an auction car is not your problem and you shouldn't accept that risk.

Take it from me, I've been burned before on this line of BS. Don't let dealers gaslight you into thinking you're being unreasonable. You're not and it's YOUR choice to spend YOUR money on a car.

Do you guys like online games? I personally play poker and slots! I can say that this can definitely become passive income for you, because knowing the correct algorithms for playing any gambling game, you can earn! It requires a lot of experience, I am on my way to it, I get carried away relatively recently, but during the time that I have already spent about a month in gambling, I have collected about $ 1630. This is mainly poker and slot machines, just how to play and have fun, it really relaxes me, especially after a working day, of course, not without losses, but nevertheless it brings income that I can spend for my own pleasure!
If you want to find something new, I would suggest taking a look at this site enter
They offer a large selection of slot machines, user-friendly interface and much more ...
This is a website that I use all the time, and I can safely recommend it to anyone who wants to try their luck and test their passion.