Sign in to follow this  
EPV

Irritating Auctioneers

55 minutes ago, Stalker said:

to be honest the auctioneers will always favour hall bids.

Auctioneers get familiar with a few dealer faces over the years and it's only natural to want to knock the car down to a friendly dealer who you've chatted to for years... 

14 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Auctioneers get familiar with a few dealer faces over the years and it's only natural to want to knock the car down to a friendly dealer who you've chatted to for years... 

LIKE, send them a coffee too! Not taking anything away from this below, I totally agree! :)

29 minutes ago, EPV said:

“£500? I was looking for a bid not a deposit”

that was my favourite from yesterday. 

Quick witted quick thinking chaps. 

They’re still cunts for pulling some of the strokes they do but I guess that’s the nature of the beast. Artful dodger types. 

Edited by Area 51

if you treat them with respect if they deserve it it pays back nicely

make your bids clear remember once they know you they know how your body language bids go whilst you are being discreet

then often they will knock the car down to you or often they would work in the background to get the provisional bid passed for you

this obviously was when i used to live in these places i guess they all drink very posh coffee and dont mix with the hoi pilloi anymore?

• Like 1

Used to annoy me how one of the London supermarket buyers stood beneath the rostrum atBCA Castle Bromwich and got everything he wanted for peanuts.

He used to eat his lunch in the back room with the auctioneers and interrupted the flow of the auctions with in-jokes.

I think the big guy with the curly hair has finally stopped 'up and down like a brides nightee' on *every*single*cabriolet*

55 minutes ago, twerp said:

I think the big guy with the curly hair has finally stopped 'up and down like a brides nightee' on *every*single*cabriolet*

Probably the best auctioneer of the lot IMO. Well, him and Andy from Manheim  on the basis of  him supporting the mighty Wrexham:D

1 hour ago, sparky said:

Probably the best auctioneer of the lot IMO. Well, him and Andy from Manheim  on the basis of  him supporting the mighty Wrexham:D

I'd agree with that. 

I’ve stumbled across him again at Measham. 

I’m warming to him. 

2 hours ago, twerp said:

Used to annoy me how one of the London supermarket buyers stood beneath the rostrum atBCA Castle Bromwich and got everything he wanted for peanuts.

He used to eat his lunch in the back room with the auctioneers and interrupted the flow of the auctions with in-jokes.

Nope, just said those exact words.

• Like 1