jamslug

New dealer reviews on Autotrader

We were not very well informed about this update. But I have discovered a new button on the bottom of the vehicle details on dealer portal..... REVIEWS !!!

What does everyone think?

Is this a good or bad thing?

I can see it being good for the honest dealers like me. But even the honest ones are still selling used cars. So as we all know a used car can develop a fault unexpectedly at any time which could lead a customer getting peed off. 

So we could just not ask our customers to leave reviews, but then we would look rubbish against other dealers with loads of reviews.

What do you think? Have AT gone and annoyed the people that line their pockets again or have they taken a great step forward to keep up with the way that used car sales are becoming a very online orientated process?

James

ive signed into the portal skipped in the yard and even had a coffee but i cant find this review button? screen shot or something possible pretty please :) ?

Hi S&B ,

Can't seem to get my screen capture working but there are two main ways to access the review feature. 

Firstly;

on the main stock page, click the little '+' to expand a car, then there is a big button for the review there.

Secondly;

You can then click on any vehicle and right at the bottom of the 'vehicle details' screen there are 4 buttons.

1) 'Set to due in'

2) 'Mark as sold'

3) 'Request review'

4) 'Save'

Obviously it is the 3rd button on that one.

After you click request review, a screen pops up asking for the customer's name and email address. You enter that and then it sends an email to your customer asking for a review. The review is directly linked to that particular car, so that they can only leave one review and it is also moderated before it goes live.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

Dealer Review - but, as I understand it, the onus is on the dealer to provide Auto Trader with the customer's contact information (via Dealer Portal) to leave a review for a car that they have purchased. I don't think the general tyre-kicking unwashed can leave reviews willy-nilly!

Also has anyone noticed the full registered address is now also automatically posted on each AT ad, I do viewings by appointment so rather annoying!