D&M

Finding out car is Cat D

2 minutes ago, sparky said:

Personally, what you would spend on getting them painted, what you could get back if you sold them, I'd be trying to buy a set like the red one has got. I know they get kerb rash but they are a stunning alloy which IMO a DS3 simply has to have.

I agree Sparky, smart wheels - you're right about the kerb rash and they're diamond cut so not a straight forward refurb.

3 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Red one is smart but red to me seems like what used to be doom blue.

+1. Probably my favourite colour but in the last year or so it’s gone from Resale Red to Reduction Red (after you’ve not opened the door in 3 months). Handy cos ‘Er Indoors ain’t fussy, knows nowt but said she’d like another Honda in red if I ever get around to changing her car.

9 hours ago, sparky said:

Funny things are the DS3. Personally I love the red ones but they do seem to be more miss than hit. White and blues are my best sellers, never been brave enough to buy yellow. That silver one of yours, personally I think it's the wrong type of alloy as well as the wrong colour. Put a set of the standard 17s on, black the roof then it's a different car. 

We just had a yellow one arrive into stock this week. My 20yr old said it looked 'cool'. I am hoping its cool enough to sell quickly! we do also have 2 more, white and blue.

If anyone wants one Im trying to shift my mrs DS3.....  1.6ehdi 37k 2012 dstyle plus belle isle blue fsh... any bids lol

coming onto dealer auction soon I feel :( 

I stay away from red, instant walk away for me. Mark I like the pictures, that's a a lovely picturesque place. 

Update.

After few emails (Not from us) The dealer has told our friends that he has been in touch with Trading Standards and they told him that they haven't done anything wrong (Hmmm). However, they are in the process of updating all their other cars on their website to reflect their status.

However, they have offered a full refund plus a little extra to cover the fuel to return the car. We've told our friends that this is a generous offer and they've accepted and are dropping the car back tomorrow.

Respect to the dealer for putting it right with minimal fuss. Just a shame they weren't completley open at time of purchase.

19 minutes ago, D&M said:

Update.

After few emails (Not from us) The dealer has told our friends that he has been in touch with Trading Standards and they told him that they haven't done anything wrong (Hmmm). However, they are in the process of updating all their other cars on their website to reflect their status.

However, they have offered a full refund plus a little extra to cover the fuel to return the car. We've told our friends that this is a generous offer and they've accepted and are dropping the car back tomorrow.

Respect to the dealer for putting it right with minimal fuss. Just a shame they weren't completley open at time of purchase.

Beware, they haven't put it right yet. Why are they due respect, they are scumbags who give us honest sellers a bad reputation. You shoud name and shame them. 

They knew what they were doing, they have been caught red handed. They’re doing the right thing, which is what all of us on here do. They don’t deserve any extra credit for if. 

Glad it’s hopefully being sorted though. 

When I say respect, I mean in that they've offered to refund without much trouble.

They could have ignored any correspondence, told them to naff off, or made them go all the way to court and then close the company.

But, I do agree. Absoloutley no respect at all for the dealer selling the car un-declared in the first place.

We wouldn't dare do that, but thats why we sleep soundly at night.

I do believe that they aren't going to have any trouble tomorrow.

It is hard to believe that car dealers out there still do that. It is hard enough with some customers to convince them that not all dealers have that ethos!

3 minutes ago, EPV said:

They’re doing the right thing, which is what all of us on here do. They don’t deserve any extra credit for if.

I'm not giving them any extra credit - just glad that they are doing the right thing when they could just as easily do nothing

Apologies for using that turn of phrase, it seems it may have been mis-interpreted.

I still don't want to publicly name and shame, but am happy to PM anyone who'd like to know the company in question

Car was returned day and a full refund was done via bank transfer.

Our friends said that the atmosphere was very unpleasant from the dealer. But they got their money back.

Name of the dealer for those interested is Cleevewood Garage, Based in Bristol

Even today, the written off cars on their website without mentioning it.

I wonder how long it'll be before they learn their lesson and start being completely honest.

21 hours ago, D&M said:

Car was returned day and a full refund was done via bank transfer.

Our friends said that the atmosphere was very unpleasant from the dealer. But they got their money back.

Name of the dealer for those interested is Cleevewood Garage, Based in Bristol

I wonder how long it'll be before they learn their lesson and start being completely honest.

Just dodged a bullet with this place then... 

A customer of mine was interested in an old Bentley they are selling. 

Mot check showed heavy chassis corrosion two mots in a row that caused the car to fail its MOT. 

I spoke with the garage (I assume the owner) who came across as a pleasant enough chap, but the heavy corrosion was put down to just being 'a bit of the arch needing welding'...yeah OK.

Brushed over it as being something and nothing.

I was doubting the car from that point then he mentioned they would put a fresh mot on the car Inhouse, alarm bells then started ringing. 

Was also told they had sold the car previously and the buyer returned it for something more sporty - but now thinking this was another car sent out as one thing and then returned to them when the owner found out it wasn't as described...

The 'sporty car story' covers why it was readvertised again so soon having been up as sold. 

Told my guy to leave it, we would find better. 

I don't know how they can so blatantly sell stuff when it is just a wrongun? 

21 hours ago, D&M said:

Funnily enough, if you use their website search function and type 'HPI' it shows no results lol... 

It must be a troubling phrase to use! 

Edited by Linctrader